Chapter 6: Facing the Beasts

Chapter Six

Facing the Beasts

Emily's P.O.V

We continued lunch along with planning what I needed to do to help stop the impending war. I look around at the faces of people who deserve nothing but happiness and instead they are full of worry and stress. I am causing the whole werewolf community to be brought to its knees because of my love life. It's not even a life I want to be honest.

"So Emily, the first step in this process is your sister, Sandy, will go and wade in the tides. She will look for something that the Moon can tell her about what to do next." Alpha Barnes says looking at me while Sandy starts to clean up the plates from lunch.

"How long will that take?" I ask looking to Sandy, the feeling of betrayal still pooling deep inside me, I push the feeling back down.

"It is never certain. The tides can keep me for minutes, hours, or days. But I believe the moon will be on our side, for it knows our time is short." Sandy explains as she finishes up putting away the dishes and returns to the dining table.

"I will go now, I must not be disturbed. I will see you all soon." Sandy kisses Alpha Barnes and gives our Aunt a knowing look before retreating to a door that is across from the office; she quietly closes the door and everyone at the table tenses knowing now that the fate of the moon is out of their hands.

Everyone at the table is startled when a loud ring sounds from the landline phone sitting on the kitchen counter, bracing himself Alpha Barnes stands and goes to answer the phone call we are all so desperate to hear.

"Hello, this is Alpha Barnes." He quickly stated as he picked up the phone and I see him visibly tense, I have a feeling I know exactly who this is.

"I am not at liberty to discuss the whereabouts of Miss Emily Kader, and you have no right to contact me demanding information." Alpha Barnes growls into the phone as he grips the side of the granite counter tops.

"I don't care what pack you run pup, you and I both know where you stand. You leave my sister-in-law alone or so help me you'll have to deal with me yourself. I will see you at the meeting in two days, I expect no problems leading up to then, and if I hear from you once or you come near my land all bets are off." Alpha Barnes is growling into the phone before he slams it down on the table breaking the hand set into pieces. Sitting at the table I am shocked to hear the extent he will go through to protect me, I mean I never thought we were that close.

Alpha Barnes looks over to me and sighs before coming to sit next to me at the table.

" You listen to me Emily, I am sorry you are going through this, you don't deserve this. You deserve all the happiness and love a mate should bring and the way those two are acting are pathetic." He sighs and shakes his head.

" That was Alpha Ronan, demanding I release you into his custody. That brute has no respect for laws of the land. Now don't let my opinions lead you astray Emily, he is not a bad man but he is blinded my the mate bond and will be until he has you by his side."

I look down at my hands playing with one of my rings, I sigh and think about what the next move is in this game we seem to be playing. The Meeting of the Alphas is in two days time, and until then all I can do is sit, wait, think, and pray that the moon goddess is on my side.

~

The next day and a half we all waited for Sandy to come out of her room, praying for the best news possible. In that time I was left alone with my thoughts as Alpha Barnes was in preparation for the meeting, gathering his thoughts and ideas. Ever so often he would stop and speak with me about where my head is.