Haizaki

Chapter 27 ~ Haizaki 

Midorima Shintaro:
You better hurry up if you want to watch their match nanodayo.

Shinako's eye twitched as she quickened her pace.

Midorima Shinako:
Duh. You're the one who woke me up late so it's your fault that I'm late. And why don't you want to come?

She scowled at his reply.

Midorima Shintaro:
It's a waste of my time.

She didn't bother replying him and instead, stuffed her phone in her pocket. She sucked in a deep breath before breaking out into a sprint.

From the distance, she saw the familiar blonde hair of Kise and Kagami's red-black hair.

She stopped in her tracks, a few feet away from them. She squinted, seeing a familiar face.

"Haizaki?" Shinako mumbled, a shiver crawling up her spine.

IN TEIKO:

"Akashi-kun, I'll catch up with you later," Shinako said with a small shy smile. "I need to go to the bathroom."

Akashi smiled back at her. "I'll wait for you then."

"A-Are you sure?" Shinako stuttered, getting flustered.

"It's not a problem."

"O-Okay then," she mumbled, quickly walking off to the toilet. She stared at the ground as she walked, trying to hide the blush from her cheeks.

She tumbled back when she collided with hard chest but fortunately, she kept her balance. "Sorry!" She was quick to say, looking up.

There, she saw one of Teiko's first string basketball player standing in front of her with a smirk on his face

"Sorry," Shinako mumbled even though it wasn't entirely her fault. He would've seen her walking. So why didn't he move out of the way? 'Dumbass', Shinako thought with a frown as she stared up at the light grey haired basketball player.

"Eh. You're that girl who always hangs out with Akashi," he said, eyeing Shinako and his eyes stopped at her chest.

She grimaced and uncomfortably crossed her arms over her chest, trying to hide it from his lecherous gaze.

"What do you want?" She hissed, drawing his attention back to her face. "Can you move? I need to go somewhere."

"Ask nicely," he said sarcastically, taking a step towards her.

She stepped back and her back hit the wall. 'Where did that come from?' She thought, taking a glance at the pillar.

"Move away," she said with a scowl, looking up at him.

"Give me your number~" He said with a smirk. "You're not dating Akashi, are you?"

Shinako stuttered. She liked Akashi but they weren't dating. He didn't like her back either way.

Haizaki pressed himself against her and Shinako flinched at the contact. She placed her hands on his chest, trying to move away. He barely budged, laughing at her futile effort.

"Come on, cutie. Give me your number~"

Shinako tried to escape but it was no use. He was wayyy stronger than her.

He leaned down and his face went near hers but she moved her head away. "Come on~ Just your number~"

'Disgusting', she thought, grimacing uncomfortably.

"Haizaki. Get away from her."

Shinako let out a sigh of relief when she saw Akashi.

"Oh, Akashi. Why should I? It's not she's your girlfriend or anything."

He stepped away from Shinako and stood in front of Akashi.

"She is my girlfriend. Now, get away from her. Or I'll make you," Akashi threatened.

Even though Akashi was shorter than Haizaki, Akashi felt scarier and more intimidating than Haizaki.

Haizaki frowned. He knew it too.
Haizaki scoffed, "Fine. I don't care. She's not even cute anyway."

Shinako felt a crack in her pride.

One Haizaki left, Akashi placed his hand on her shoulder. "Are you OK? Did he do anything to you?"

Shinako shook her head shyly, forgetting about Haizaki's insult. "No. I'm fine," she mumbled. "Just now why did you say I was your girlfriend?"

"I said that to make him leave. I'll follow you to the toilet to make sure you don't come across any other nuisances."

As they walked alone in the empty corridor, she felt rejected. Akashi only said that to make Haizaki leave. Not because he actually like her.

But that was what Shinako thought.

Shinako saw Kise come and she shrugged before walking the other way. Not my business, she thought even though she really wanted to punch Haizaki's face.

I missed Kuroko-kun and Murasakibara-kun's match, Shinako thought, stopping again. Might as well go home, she thought with sigh, already knowing the outcome to Kise and Haizaki's match.

"Nii-chan! I'm home~" Shinako bellowed as she stepped into their house.

"Oh, you're back," Midorima said, poking his head out from the kitchen.

"Uhh, nii-chan? What are you doing in the kitchen?"

"Looking for red bean bread. Do we still have any?"

Shinako let out a sigh of relief a she entered the kitchen. "Thank goodness. I thought you were trying to cook again."

A tick mark appeared on Midorima's head. "Just tell me where it is!"

"It's in the cupboard," Shinako replied, pointing to the top cupboard.

Midorima muttered a 'thank you' as he reached out for the cupboard. "Why didn't you go to Kise and Haizaki's match nanodayo?"

"It was obvious who was going to win."

"Who?"

"Kise-kun, of course. Haizaki is too weak."

Midorima nodded as he munched on the bread.

"I'm going to go up and sleep. I'm tired."

"Don't oversleep."

"Yeah. Yeah. Goodnight nii-chan."

"Goodnight, Shinako."

Shinako climbed the stairs, hoped that her brother wouldn't go up to the room.

Time to watch Razukan's matches.