"I Never Back Down From A Game Mr J."

(Sorry about the late update and that it's shorter the usual)

Five minutes . . . . . ten minutes. Should I go? No.

     Twenty minutes. . . . . . . . . . Thirty. He's going to be mad if I don't go. We almost kissed! That's inappropriate.

Thirty five minutes late. He's probably annoyed by now. I can't keep doing this. Why am I this worried over a patient!?

         I glance at the clock, anxiety getting the best of me. I got up from my chair and grab my things. I'll just make ground rules. I won't walk on his side and I'll keep my distance. No flirting and no getting in each others faces. Not that that should of been a rule before, which it should of been, I just can't get involved with patients.

I leave the office in a heap and make my way up the stairs. What are you doing!? Part of me screams to run away but I ignore it.

         Eventually, room 58 came into view. There is only two guards and when they see me, one walks away. I stop in front of the one guard; Jordan.

"Why'd he go?" I ask although I think I know the answer.

       "Mrs Allison reduced the amount of guards after reading you report." He states and I nod slowly. Before everything went a little downhill I had given a report on how the Joker was doing. Which says that although aggressive he doesn't try to harm other without reason. If you don't give him a reason he won't hurt you.

Clearing my throat, I nod for him to move so I could go in. He doesn't move.

        "It's my session time with him." I explain and he shakes his head.

"No. Your session ended a minute a-" he starts and I roll my eyes.

         "Is he still in the straight jacket?" I ask and he nods slowly. "But-"

"Excuse me." I roll my eyes and bypass him. He doesn't stop me as I walk into the room and shut the door behind me.

         "You're late." Jokers growl echoes through the name and although it sends shivers down my spine I ignore it. I sick in a deep breath and walk to the table, my eyes on my feet.

"I'm sorry Mr J." I clear my throat and sit down, tucking it in. "Today we will be-"

         "Did the stain wash off easily?" He asked and I immediately look up at him through my lashes, eyes connecting. "I heard red is hard to get off."

"Where?" I laugh awkwardly and his eyes darken. I look at my lap and he doesn't answer me. I look up at him and clear my throat. "Look, about our last session-"

         "Hmm," he hums and smiles at me like a child. "I liked that. But-"

"But nothing." I say sternly.

        "Oh? Didn't like it?" He growls and I find my mouth moving before I could comprehend the honest words I was saying.

"No!" I gasp and freeze. I shake my head as he grins at me. "No, I mean. I . . Look. You are my patient and-"

        He growls, almost moaning in annoyance. He drops his head back, stretching out his neck before rolling his head back to face me. His eyes are lidded and he snarls in annoyance, showing off his metal teeth and growls. "Live a little Amberly."

His stare becomes intense and I can't help but want to keep looking. He leans forward in the chair. "You like the adrenaline right? Live on the wild side Harl, almost get caught."

       "On second thoughts." I break the eye contact and stand up. "I actually missed our session."

I leave the room as quickly as I could. The guard watched me and I wanted to scream at the inner conflict I was fighting.