chapter 2 - "what are we? some kind of suicide squad?"

Dragged out of bed, and strapped into a wheelchair while the sun was only beginning to rise, Maeve was still half-asleep as the guards pushed her through the prison and into a strange room where there were stations of tables with doctors surrounding them who gave her a painful injection that woke her up after dozing off during the ride. She was then transported outside along with other prisoners she assumed were her teammates, and recognizing one of them as the infamous Harley Quinn. She remembered reading an article about Harley, and how she used to be a psychiatrist that fell in love with the Joker, who was her patient at the time. Maeve thought about the whole story again, and thought it was something she'd totally do if she was a psychiatrist that had a criminally insane patient. As they began to roll into the valley of soldiers, they had formed a protective ring around the inmates as the guards had them lined up beside each other before they saw Colonel Flag enter with some other soldiers at his side.

"What the hell is that thing?" One of them asked. Maeve looked behind her to see a forklift pushing in a large creature covered from head to toe in crocodile scales.

"Unlock em'" Colonel Flag ordered and completely ignoring the other guard's question. Harley and the others stood up almost as soon as they were released. Maeve rose from her seat only to be grabbed by a guard seconds later, but that was to remove her metal coverings off her hands. As soon as she felt them slide off, she grabbed the wrist of the guard in front of her and forcing his right leg bone to snap in in two. The guard let out a loud cry of pain before stumbling back and having his bone shift out of place and protruding out of his skin and impaling him in his foot. Maeve smiled maliciously before dozens of soldiers rushed in to aid the fallen guard.

"Huh? What was that? I should kill everyone and escape?" Harley said and looked around at the surrounding soldiers. "Sorry, it's the voices." She laughed with a finger pointed at her head. The soldiers didn't react. They just continued to stand there, looking at them all. "I'm kidding, jeez!" She laughed. "That's not what they really said." Smirked Harley.

The group of criminal's attention was soon brought to a helicopter landing and a sack that contained some kind of being violently kicking around inside of it.

"What do we got here? Twelve pounds of shit in a ten-pound sack?" Colonel Flag asked sarcastically as the sack was placed onto the ground. One of the soldiers who brought the sack bent down to cut open the sack with a pair of scissors and seconds later, a man drenched in sweat emerged out from the sack looking quite irritated from being stuffed into a literal trash bag. "Welcome to the party, Captain Boomerang!" Flag greeted before Captain Boomerang ran to the nearest soldier and bashing him in the face with his fist.

"I have to work with that?" Maeve said in disgust while watching Colonel Flag pin Captain Boomerang against the helicopter that flew him in.

"Pretty sure we all do." Came from an unfamiliar voice. Startled, Maeve whipped around to see a dark skinned man facing her from a good distance away. Presuming that words the person which the words came from.

"Who the fuck are you?" Maeve asked the man, squinting in the hard sunlight.

"Me?" He replied, pointing to his chest. "I'm Deadshot," He introduced. "Who the fuck are you?" Deadshot, AKA Floyd Lawton asked the same question Maeve asked in return.

"I am, yeah." She told Floyd. Floyd had the most confused look on his face, and was about to say something, but Colonel Flag had stepped into the circle and began to shout.

"Alright, listen up!" He began. "Your necks. The injections you got. It's a nanite explosive." Each one of the members started to feel the backs of their necks where they got injected. "It's the size of a rice grain, but it's as powerful as a hand grenade." Flag explained all while walking back and forth in front of the members. "You disobey me, you die. You try to escape, you die. You otherwise irritate or vex me, guess what? You die."