chapter 1 - amanda waller

Colonel Rick Flag traveled across the prison to retrieve a prisoner under Amanda Waller's request as she wanted to build a team of super villains that she called 'Task Force X'. Flag, who was not too keen on the idea, did what Amanda asked him to do anyway despite the danger of releasing a supervillain from their cell.

"Hey! Forsythe!" He called out and loudly knocked on the metal door.

"What?" A muffled reply heard from Maeve came shortly after. Maeve made her way up from her bed to the door and met eyes with the Colonel. Flag had already pushed up the hatch so he could make his voice heard more clearly.

"We're taking you out of your cell, but only for a little while so you better cooperate. Don't get any ideas, I've got twelve men that will be aiming a shotgun at your head at all times." He told Maeve as another guard with handcuffs ready in hand stepped in front of the distressed, metal cell door. "Alright, we're comin' in!" He informed the brunette who had just been crafting a shank out of a book.

      Maeve quickly shoved the sharp cone she was forming under the bed and praying that the guards wouldn't see it just before they pushed their way into her cell and throwing on a pair of metal cuffs over her gloved hands. Maeve did as told and cooperated with the guards and Colonel Flag as she didn't want to be put in the chair again after her last incident with the guards. Maeve had put together a plan after she had killed the last guard that guarded her cell. She made a plan to obey and cooperate with the guards and Colonel Flag in order to gain their trust she planned to use to help her escape out of the heavily armed prison she'd been thrown in almost two years ago.

"Well, that was easier than I expected." Said the guard guiding Maeve out of the prison to Colonel Flag.

      Flag chuckled at the sentence said to him leaning into the guard's ear. "Don't fall for any inmate's tricks. They're smart. They've always got something up their sleeves." He whispered in his raspy voice, then went back to his place beside the brunette. The guard, who was new to working at Belle Reve looked at the Colonel confusedly. "Trust me, you'll get used to this when you've worked here for a while." Flag added before exiting the cell ward.

      What Flag said was true. Maeve (and many others) had come up with the same plan to pretend to be sane in order to try and escape or get time off their long sentence they earned themselves.

      The guards had taken Maeve to a different part of Belle Reve, where the Alpha and an unfamiliar woman stood by a table with a silver laptop that displayed a galaxy background lied on top of.

"Release her." Said the woman sternly. The guards obeyed and removed the cuffs tightly fastened around Maeve's gloved hands. "Now take those gloves off." The woman ordered; seriousness filling her voice.

"Wait, at least put the cuffs back on if you're gonna do that," Alpha said to the woman, trying to take extra precaution. "Do you know what she did to the last guards after they took them off? She-"

"-shattered every bone in their bodies, yes." Interrupted the woman who's cold stare glided over to the Alpha.

      The guards who had unlocked the metal gloves that coated her slender hands were finally done and were quick to step away from Maeve after the removal, just in case she decided to turn on them and attack. Maeve felt a rush of freedom run through her as the gloves she had had on for the past two years finally came off, revealing the eyes painted on the backs and palms of her hands once more.

"Come on." Colonel Flag said to Maeve. "Let's see what you can do."

      A smirk formed on Maeve's face as she turned her head towards the Alpha as the idea of snapping his neck seemed like a good revenge, since he was a complete dick around inmates, and his belief that he was superior to them angered her.

"Hey!" Flag snapped just as the guards around Maeve all pointed their loaded guns towards her. "Forsythe! No!"He barked.

"Jesus Christ, why is it always me?!" Alpha swore. The previous inmate they brought out had pointed a gun at his head for the same reason Maeve wanted him dead.

"Fine, fine." Maeve replied and held her hands up in surrender. The guns were lowered, and she stepped up to the table. If they wanted her to demonstrate how her abilities worked, then they would. Maeve looked behind her at the guards to see if placing her hand on the dusty table would get her killed. After assuring that they really wanted her to show them what she could do, she dropped her hand onto the table and looked towards the laptop whose screen began to crack across the glass screen, causing the galaxy wallpaper displayed on it to become warped and distorted due to the damage being caused by Maeve. She smiled after being able to use her powers again after months of them being contained within the thick metal gloves.

"Okay, now for the real reason why we've dragged you out here." Flag began. "Waller," He stepped to the side for the woman in magenta.

"I'm building a team of some dangerous criminals, and one of them is you." Amanda Waller told Maeve who became interested in this 'team' she was building. "There will be a task given to you by the Government of the United States. You complete it, you get time off your prison sentence, but if you fail, however, you will die."

"Aw, that's nice of you, but you should know by now that I don't do things for people." Maeve chuckled at Amanda. "Also, I'm not someone you can trust with things like this." Maeve finished before walking back to the guards for them to put back on along with her uncomfortable metal hand coverings.

"And you should also know by now that we don't take 'no' for an answer around here." Amanda said over the jingling of metal cuffs being fastened around the hands of Maeve.

      Amanda watched as the guards escorted Maeve back into the prison, knowing that she doesn't have a choice to join Task Force X even if she liked it or not and that the very next day she will be escorted from the prison to the airport and getting a nanite explosive injected into her neck on the way, and joining 8 others on the beginning of their mission to Mid-Way City.

◇◈◇

1} DID YOU GUYS ENJOY THAT CHAPTER???? I KNOW MY WRITING IS SHIT BUT IM TRYING OK????

2} u know u have no life when u write fanfiction

3} LETS GET SOME DOCTOR WHO UP IN HEREEEEEE

4} am I worthy enough to enter the DC Comics Fanfiction awards??

5} have any of u guys read HIRAETH by thekryptonian???? thats literally my favorite book ever omg

6} idk why or how but it takes me so long to write these chapters and they r not even that long