Chapter 32: Fireworks

"I can't forgive you for breaking Nat's heart but I understand the pain of hurting someone you love." I say holding him tight.

Mark has never been this...broken since our parents died but even then he didn't show it to me in the daytime but once I went to bed, he would cry himself to sleep. How do I know this? Sometimes I just couldn't go to sleep back then and I would hear him. Sigh...he's started up that routine again and I can't help to feel sorrow for him. I mean he loves her so much but fate has a different route to happiness, I guess. I really do want to make him happy again and actually smile not some fake broken smile. I wish that every night before I fall asleep...that I can have my brother back.

School is out for the summer and I'm into my sixth month, the end of my second trimester. Three more months and I'll have my two girls in my life. I'm so excited for their arrival. Today is 4th Of July and god damn I have no clue what I'm gonna do. As tradition, Mark and I would go somewhere remote and shoot off fireworks but I don't think that's gonna happen this year. I think I'll just go somewhere and watch them alone.

I wake up from my dreamless slumber to my alarm clock blaring Jack's outro. I know, I know but he makes me happy. I smile brightly as I turn off my alarm clock. I get up and stretch my pregnant body once I get up. I walk to my bathroom and just do my usual routine. I don't even bother putting actual clothes on cause fuck it. If I'm not going anywhere then what is the damn point of getting ready. I go downstairs to the kitchen to see Mark leaning over the counter, running his fingers through his red hair(Trying to go with his hair in real life). Just a complete mess. I go over to him and I wrap my arms around him from behind and he doesn't do anything like he always does.
"I feel so dead inside (Y/N)...I can't live without her but she needs someone close to her." He says in a raspy voice.
"Life isn't fair, you know that but I will say love will find a way but until then, you gotta move on and just be happy again." I mumble into his flannel.
"I guess you're right." He grumbles.
"Why don't we do what we always do on this special day?" I ask.
"What special day?" He asks.
I gasp in disbelief and pull away from him.
"What is it?" He turns around and asks.
"Mark...do you seriously not know what today it is?" I ask a bit offended.
"No I don't, am I suppose to know?" He asks.
"It's 4th Of July! We always go somewhere and shoot off fireworks!" I say my voice getting higher each work.
"I'm sorry sis...I just can't think straight these days but we will do something today like always. I promise that." He sighs and holds his arms out.
I go into his arms as an answer and I feel him pull me tight into his chest.

Mark and I are on the couch watching a comedy movie when the doorbell rings.
"Are you expecting anyone today?" Mark asks me.
"Nope, are you?" I ask.
"Nuh-uh." Mark replies.
I get up from the couch and go to the door. I open it to see Charlotte and Jasper standing there, holding hands. I grip the doorknob in anger.
"Hello." I manage to say.
"Hey (Y/N)." Charlotte says.
"Hi." Jasper says right after Charlotte.
"What are you guys doing here?" I ask still gripping the doorknob.
"Can you come out here...please?" Charlotte asks.
I look at Mark which he was looking at me. He nods his head towards the front door as an 'ok' to go out there.
"Alright." I say and they step back to let me step out and close the door.
Once the door was close, I turn to them with anger in my eyes. "If you guys came here to tell me Henry is sorry or whatever like that. Leave. I just started to become strong again and I don't need anymore bullshite."
"We're not here for that. I promise you that but we came here to ask if you are doing anything for today." Charlotte says.
"I don't think so. Mark has been down in the dumps so no." I sigh.
"Do you want to come with us to a hill where you can watch the fireworks?" Jasper asks.
"Who's gonna be there?" I ask.
"Him and I, Ray, Haley, and maybe Henry." Charlotte answers.
"If Henry is there then I'm not going." I reply.
"He's a maybe, we are waiting on an answer." Jasper snaps back.
"I'll go since I do want to watch the fireworks but if Henry is going, tell me." I sigh.
"Alright." Jasper replies.
"How's the baby?" Charlotte asks.
"It's babies." I smile.
"You're having twins or triplets?" Jasper asks in awe.
"Twin girls...please don't tell Henry." I plead.
"Fine but that's so cool!" Charlotte smiles in excitement.
"Yeah, it is." I smile brightly.
"Names?" Jasper asks.
"I haven't decided what two names I like." I say still smiling.
"Oh alright and by the way, its the hill over looking the huge pond. Also we are meeting there at six ." Charlotte says.
"Can I bring Mark?" I ask.
"The more the merrier." Jasper says.
"Alright, I'll see you there." I wave and they leave still holding hands.
I go inside and I look at Mark, "We're going to a party!"

I come down in and I see Mark wearing . I 'clear my throat' and he faces me.
"Wow sis, you look bad." He smirks.
"I already know I look like a trashcan." I chuckle.
He laughs. He actually laughed.
"I got my brother back." I smile.
"Indeed." He opens his arms out and I run into them giving me a great big bear hug.
He puts me down and ruffles my hair which makes me chuckle.
"C'mon let's get going."

Mark and I make it to the top of the and I see Jasper, Charlotte, Haley, Ray, and Henry...fucking Henry. I sneer to myself and I grip onto Mark's arm hoping he'll notice. I guess he doesn't cause he takes me over to everyone to greet them. I greet everyone through my anger and Mark and I sit down on the cool grass. Time flies by as we all have fun but I feel something is eating me. No its not the girls but the feeling is like something is going to happen. I try to shake it the feeling off but it is getting worse every passing second.
"Excuse me, I forgot I had to call someone." I get up from the ground and walk over to a desolate part of the hill. I sit down towards the view and god damn it was breathtaking. Any moment the night sky is going to be lit up in beautiful colors. I feel a presence next to me and I turn my head to see Henry watching the view ahead of us. I gasp but I can't move.
"Please (Y/N)....stay." Henry pleads.
I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.
"I need you in my life...I'm lost without you." Henry whispers.
"So I've heard." I say back.
"I love you so much...you make me whole." Henry whispers again.
I turn my head back to the view and I try to clear my mind. I feel a hand under my chin trying to make me turn and I oblige some how. I close my eyes knowing what's gonna happen next. I hear a crackle of a firework in the distance and I feel his lips on mine. Fireworks are going off in the distance while there's fireworks in the kiss.
Wait what am I saying?!
He grabs behind my neck and pushes me into the kiss and I grab at his waist pulling him towards me.
He pulls away from the kiss and I feel his forehead on mine as I come off my high. Oh fuck...
I open my eyes wide and I scoot far away from him. I see him look back at the view with an emotionless face and I get up. I run away far from the hill as fireworks light the sky around me.
He kissed me...
And I kissed back...
Fuck my life!

Lots Of Love

Cheyenne(0)~~~