Chapter 20: Pregnant?

Then I black out...

I wake up in a bright room, I groggily raised my right arm to cover my eyes. The brightness seemed to calm down after a few seconds and I lowered my arm and got my bearings. I soon realized that I was in a hospital room when the beeping of the monitor filled my ear holes. I sat up groggily in my bed and rubbed my eyes and a familiar voice spoke in a soothing tone.
"Morning, sleepy head. Are you alright? How's your head?" The familiar voice asked.
"Uhng...who are you?" I said in a scratchy voice.
"It's your brother, Mark." Mark said in a worried tone.
The light bulb came on and I gave him a small smile.
"Hey brother...what happened?" I asked.
"From what Charlotte told me, is that you were trying to walk to get something and you blacked out hitting your head hard on the tile. The doctor said you were lucky not to have a concussion with that type of fall but he did say you were gonna have a massive migraine after the pain meds worn off." Mark petted my hair softly.
"Oh good to know but do they know why I blacked out?" I asked.
"No, they are doing some tests." Mark gave me a smile.
We looked at each other; smiling at one another until mine faded into a frown which Mark then asked. "Are you okay, sis?"
"Where was Henry when I blacked out?" I asked.
"He tried to catch you but when he tried he fell backwards and you fell." Mark sighed.
"Did he come with me here?" I asked.
"I'm sorry sis but he didn't, hell Charlotte said he just looked at you with no emotion." Mark looked down.
"I guess this is the end...I can't believe it." I put head in my hands.
"Shh, don't say that...maybe he was just shocked." Mark got in bed with me and cuddled with me.
"The Henry I know wouldn't do that, he would be in this room right now; comforting me and telling me everything is okay." I said putting my head on his shoulder.
"It's after school, I can call him up if you want?" Mark asked.
"Y-yes please..." I stuttered.
Mark gets up and pulls out his phone then dialed Henry.
They talked for only few seconds before Mark yelled, "Get your ass over here!" He then hung up.
"Well, he'll be here." Mark sighed.
"Remember when you sang me a song that once made you cry when you heard it." I said changing the subject.
"Huh?" Mark asked confused.
"I remember you telling me that you played a game and there was this song that made you cry and I couldn't sleep one night and you sang that song to me to soothe me to sleep." I explained.
"Oh that song...what about it?" Mark asked.
"Can you sing that song to calm me down?" I asked.
"Fine." He got in bed with me again and cuddled with me then he started to sing quietly in a soothing way.

Short steps, deep breath
Everything is alright
Chin up, I can't
Step into the spotlight
She said, "I'm sad,"
Somehow without any words
I just stood there
Searching for an answer

When this world is no more
The moon is all we'll see
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars all fall down
They empty from the sky
But I don't mind
If you're with me, then everything's alright.

I smiled when the song jogged my memory and I caught on to the song and started to quietly sing along.

Why do my words
Always lose their meaning?
What I feel, what I say
There's such a rift between them
He said, "I can't
Really seem to read you. "
I just stood there
Never know what I should do.

When this world is no more
The moon is all we'll see
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars all fall down
They empty from the sky
But I don't mind
If you're with me, then everything's alright

We smiled at each other and I gave him a hug but that moment was ruined when I think is my doctor said. "You guys are great singers."
We turned our heads towards the door and Mark got up and shook the doctor's hand then asked. "Hello doctor, have you got us some news from the tests?"
"Yes I have and I need to ask her some questions, if that is fine w-he was interrupted by some knocking on my door and the person was Henry.
"Is this a bad time?" Henry asked.
"No it isn't but what is your relationship to Ms and/or Mr. Fischbach?
"He is my...friend." I looked at the doctor with a fake smile then to Henry which looked at me with hurt eyes.
The doctor nodded and turned to me then continued. "Can I ask you a few questions?"
"Sure...shoot." I said.
"Have you been sexually active?" He asked.
"Yes." I responded.
"Did you use protection?" He asked again.
"N-no." I stuttered.
The doctor sighed and took off his glasses.
"With the answers you gave me and the test results...are you prepared for the results?" He asked.
I looked to Mark to Henry to the doctor then I nodded.
He took a deep breath and said. "You are pregnant."

Lots Of Love

Cheyenne (0)~~~