9 || Carter King must die

Start from the beginning

WHAT!

"You see, you're such a rude little thing. First you bump into me at the beach and call me an asshole which was rather disrespectful. Then you smash ice cream on my shirt."

"You smashed ice cream on my shirt first!"

"Which wouldn't have happened if you hadn't bumped into me again. You should really pay attention to where you're going."

I struggle to come back with a response. There's just no winning with this guy!

"Well- well," I splutter for anything to insult him with. "You kissed me! Why?"

"Why?" He leans in very close and I step back. "To mess with your head. And it worked. You probably spent all weekend thinking about it."

I audibly gasp. How had he known?

"You're a demon," I whisper horrified.

"No," he smirks. "I'm the devil himself."

"Well it was the worst kiss of my life!" Now I'm just lying through my teeth. "It was like kissing a camel!"

"Admit it love. You liked it or you wouldn't have kissed me back."

My face is in flames. "I should report you for sexual assault!"

He chuckles and then grasps my chin bringing my face close to his. My heart is beating erratically like a horde of stampeding cattle.

"Whether you want to admit it or not it was probably the best kiss of your life. In fact, I bet you want me to kiss you again. And again and again and again. Am I wrong?"

I'm pudding. I'm pudding in his hands and my legs feel very wobbly. Still I struggle to retain what's left of my dignity.

"I wouldn't kiss you if my life depended on it," I reply as firmly as I can.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

He let's go of my chin stepping back and I feel like I can breathe again.

"Princess, there'll come a time where you'll be begging me to kiss you."

I scoff. "Only in my worst nightmares."

"We'll see about that," he grins. "Later love." The he strolls off all casually and I'm left a mess.

A hot pink mess.

👄👄👄

"Carter King must die!" I slam my fist on the Pinkberry table.

Ivy rolls her eyes. "Aubrey don't you think you're being a tad dramatic?"

"He admitted to messing with me! He stole my first kiss! He's cocky, he's arrogant-"

"He's hot," Nikole chimes in.

I shoot her a look. "And he's a big fat jerk!"

"A sexy jerk," Chanel adds. "Aubrey why can't you just admit you like him already?"

"I hate him!"

"Well he's made it clear he's not leaving you alone anytime soon so you'll have to learn to deal with him," Ivy the wise speaks. "Who knows? Maybe it'll be like those cliche wattpad stories where the girl hates the guy at first but then they end up falling in love."