Part 22

"How do I look?" Ryan asks nervously, tugging on his black shirt he'd borrowed from Devin. He frowns at his reflection, toying with the white tie hanging down from his neck, feeling ridiculous.

"You look good, man," Devin chuckles, looking him over. "If I was into you I'd totally try to hit on you."

"Don't be an ass, Devin."

Devin grins.

"So you guys are gonna meet us at the school, right?" Ryan turns to look at him, tugging on the neck of his shirt uncomfortably.

"Yeah man, we'll be there. Stop freaking out. You're gonna love her dress."

"I don't care about her dress," Ryan mutters, giving his reflection another dubious once over.

"Don't tell her that, she took two hours picking it out," Devin grouches at him, ushering him out of his room and to the living room. "You better fucking compliment her and tell her she looks great even if she looks like a snowflake."

Ryan rolls his eyes; of course he was going to compliment you.

"Alright, get moving, hot cakes! You don't want to be late picking her up!" Devin says, snapping his fingers and quickly ushering Ryan out the front door of his house, Chris snickering from the couch. "See you soon!"

"I feel like we're sending our kid out," Chris jokes, pushing himself off the couch, dressed in a nice black dress shirt, a few buttons on the top open, his black slacks making his legs look even longer. "Poor things nervous as fuck."

"I know," Devin sighs, running his hand through his hair. "Let's hope he doesn't fuck up."

Chris snorts. "This is Ryan we're talking about."

~~~~~~

You're almost giddy with anticipation, squirming on the stool as your mother finishes your hair. She'd curled it, then twisted it up into a pretty flower design on the back of your head, placing a pretty flower decoration in the center. She'd left a few curls hanging down to frame your face, your silver eye makeup making your eyes stand out more then anything, and she doesn't want to take away from that. You look absolutely drop dead gorgeous, especially in the dress you'd picked out, and the heels match perfectly.

Ryan was going to fall over when he saw you, your mother almost doesn't want you to go. You look stunning!

"There," she clucks, finishing with your hair, gazing at your reflections. "You look beautiful."

You smile at her, and quickly turn, hugging her. "Thanks, Mom!"

"Of course," she chuckles, holding you tightly, hardly able to believe that her little girl was growing so quickly, that someone was already dating you, taking you off into the world and out of her arms.

You grin as you hear the doorbell ring, and you lean away from your mother, excited.

"Ryan's here!" you gasp, pulling away from her.

"Go get the door," your mother chuckles, ushering you on, and you quickly dart out of the bathroom, nervously trotting down the stairs, smoothing your sweaty hands against your dress, chewing your lip as you stride to the front door, your heels clicking.

Would he like your dress? Did you look okay? What about your hair?

Would he think you look dumb?

You hesitate at the front door, and then quickly open it, only to blink, staring.

"Dad?" you say in surprise, seeing he was standing on the doorstep, looking like he feels awkward; he's dressed in a suit and tie, like he'd just left his office, and he's staring at you like he doesn't recognize you at all.