Part 26

Your father is increasingly displeased.
What are you doing for your college? Did you still have intentions of going? You aren't going to thrown away your life on some boy, are you? What if he gets you pregnant and you decide to keep it?
Not only would that be an embarrassment for the family, but your life would be ruined! You couldn't Excell in life with a child on your hip and a lazy man who won't help you!
Your father frowns as he sits in his car, debating on his next move. After overhearing that conversation you and that kid had, he knows he has to do something, even if your mother won't.
It's his duty as your father.
He slowly gets out of his car, parked to the side of the gas station. He glances around, straightening his tie. It's late, so there's not a lot of customers, the lights of the station almost blinding.
Your father takes his time as he walks into the gas station, watching Ryan as he works behind the counter, looking bored and twitchy.
Is he on drugs?
Is he involving you in drugs!?
Ugh!
Ryan glances up as the front doors ding, and he stiffens as he recognizes your father stepping inside; the stores about to close, it's almost eleven, what the hell is your father doing there!?
It makes Ryan uneasy.
"Hello, Ryan." Your father says as he steps to the counter, glancing around for anyone else that may be lingering. He looks satisfied at thinking Ryan is alone in the store, his piercing eyes soon finding the teenager.
"Uh. Mr. (Y/L/N)." Ryan is already incredibly uncomfortable. When your dad's around shit tends to go downhill, and it's obvious it's not a business visit. "Can I, uh, help you with something?"
"Yes, actually." Your father presses his hands onto the counter, straightening to his full intimidating height as he gazes disdainfully at Ryan. "You need to stop dating my daughter."
Oh jeez.
Well don't beat around the bush or anything.
Ryan sighs, his chest tightening; he fucking knew this was coming eventually!
"Look, it's ---."
"(Y/N) is my daughter," your father interrupts coldly, and icicles should be forming in the air with his tone. "My only child. I won't have you ruining her, understand? She's not going to throw her life away by getting pregnant and having a useless piece of shit band boy wanna be as the father!"
Ryan stiffens, his hands clenching as he stares your father down, feeling his temper spike.
"I'm not going to get her pregnant," Ryan snaps, knowing he probably should have started his retort differently by the horrid look on your father's face. "And even if I did, you wouldn't let her do any shit by herself. But ---."
"Listen here, you little shit," your father growls. "I will ruin your entire life, do you understand? You think this job is bad? I'll make sure you never fucking have another one in this town! Stop. Dating. My. Daughter."
"No."
"No!?"
"No! She's an adult, asshole, she can do whatever she wants. She doesn't need you or anyone else bossing her around, and why do you even give a shit about her?" Ryan challenges, not about to be cowered. "You fucking stand her up whenever she wants to spend time with you! You fucked around on her mom, who is awesome, by the way --- it's not my fault you cheated and got kicked out of your own family, and you're not gonna control who (Y/N) dates, either; she's already pissed at you, and I sure as fuck don't like you anymore then you do me. You want her to really hate you? Fine. I'll help. I'll tell her all about your psycho March in here and that you've been giving me shit and you'll never hear from her again!" Ryan hisses, knowing he has a little power. "So fuck off!"
Your father looks like his head is about to explode as he puffs up, ready to exhale flames and turn Ryan into cinders.
"Stop dating her," he hisses, his face starting to turn purple. "Or so help me I'll ruin your very existence!"
Ryan's scoffs at him, shaking his head. "Fuck off, Mr. (Y/L/N)."
You have no power here, Ryan actually wants to say, but he figures your dad wouldn't get the joke.
He watches as your father storms out of the gas station, leaving a sense of doom in his wake.
This isn't going to be good.
~~~~~

"I hope, hope that it lasts
Give in, forget the past
Be strong when things fall apart
Honest, this breaks my heart"