Part 6

All the, small things

Works sucks, I know

She left roses by the stairs,

Surprises let me know she cares

Ryan fucking hates that song.

Ever since he'd heard it in your car it was absolutely driving him up the fucking wall. He found himself humming it absently, the very words eating their way into his soul until he could practically sings the lyrics --- although he did have the words messed up.

fuck.

And what the hell was taking everyone so long to meet him, anyway!?

He waits impatiently by his car, his arms crossed as he leans against it. He had Fridays off of work, which he had manipulated very hard to get. So he didn't appreciate it when the guys fucked around and wasted time like they always did. It was only Thursday, but Ryan wanted to make sure all his off time was spent well --- so from Thursday afternoon to Saturday morning, his time was sacred.

Dammit.

He frowns.

He's bored waiting.

And dying to smoke.

But if he got caught again smoking in the parking lot ---.

"You don't have to look like someone stole your bag of kittens."

He frowns even more.

"Yeah, I hate it when they do that, doesn't give me enough time to sacrifice them to my satanic gods."

You roll your eyes.

It had been a week, and you have to admit, maybe Ryan and his friends weren't as big of assholes as you actually want them to be. You know Devin is cool, your eyeliner is perpetually better now, and after the other day with "Balz" hanging out with you, you suppose he isn't so bad either; he was funny anyway and had some great stories.

"So why are you moping around your car?" you ask curiously, holding your books against your hip.

Not that you care or anything.

But you'd taken the long way around from your last class and had to pass his car to get to your own where he'd parked today. There wasn't assigned parking, it was a free for all, so generally everyone hustled to get to park in the main lot and not the lower lot by the tennis courts, resulting in a walk up a hill and past two different buildings in what felt like the trip to Mordor, especially if it was raining.

"I'm waiting on Devin and the guys," Ryan sighs, crossing his arms as he leans against his hood. "They're taking their time today."

"You don't have to work?"

"Rarely on Fridays. It's the only day I get off. And generally I can weasel Thursdays off too."

"Oh."

"Why? Were you planning on stopping by to see me?" he teases, shooting you a grin.

You blush. "No! I was just curious. You slave there all the time, so ---."

"Sup, bitch! Er, and (Y/N)."

You both look over, seeing Balz and Devin walking towards you. Balz tosses himself at Ryan, knocking him several feet to the side with his arms wrapped around him.

"Hi, (Y/N)."

"Hey, Devin."

"Get off me, asshole!" Ryan hisses.

"But I thought you loved me!"

"Dude ---."

"Are you leaving me for her!?" Balz gasps in a high voice. "Are you leaving me for a woman!?"