forty-six

EDITED: 14/09/2017

third person

"you know, i didn't expect you to say yes so easily." finn spoke as he skipped a pebble across the lake.

vienna stopped skipping hers and put her pebbles down whilst turning towards him with a raised eyebrow. "what do you mean? why wouldn't i?"

he sighed and dropped his pebbles too and shrugged. "i don't know, i thought it would be harder to get someone that i like to say yes to me."

"well, when the person you like likes you back, it's kind of hard for you to say no to them." she smiled, walking towards him a little.

"i just was surprised."

"why?"

"anyone i go for usually turns me down."

"i'm not just anyone though am i?" finn shook his head, "i'm me, you're you, i like you. now stop going on about it and skip some pebbles so i can start beating you!" vienna giggled; finn chuckled at her antics and did as she said, forgetting about the prior subject.

"ok, one, two, three!" the two skipped their stones across the lake and vienna jumped up, "i beat you!" she beamed and turned towards a smirking finn, her smile becoming a scowl. "you—you let me win! no, that's not fair!" finn simply shrugged and turned and ran the opposite direction. "hey, no! get back here!" she exclaimed, running after that fast boy.

vienna was glad the wore her converse, making it quite easy for her to catch up to finn. as she approached him, she jumped onto his back. finn was startled at first but quickly caught vienna's thighs between his hands.

"woo, thanks buddy. thought you were going to drop me there." vienna breathed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. she wasn't going to lie, she was heavily out of breath. she really needed to work out more.

finn pulled her closer to her, "i'd never drop you little one." he walked effortlessly around the lake with vienna on his back, the two were in a comfortable silence.

vienna considered her next move and decided on going through with it. she moved forward and swiftly pecked finn's cheek causing finn to inhale sharply and tighten his hold around her thighs. vienna leant towards his ear and whispered, "i really like you finny."

finn tilted his head back to look at the girl and smiled, "i really like you as well vienna." he returned the kiss on the cheek making vienna blush furiously; she leaned her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes as he began walking again.

"do you like boats?" finn asked out of nowhere.

"uh, i guess so? why?" she replied, not bothering to open her eyes.

finn nodded towards the lake. "oh, i don't know vienna but we seem to be next to a lake and standing in front of a boat."

she perked up and opened her eyes, "ah, we are. well, are we gonna get in or what?" vienna asked excitedly, jumping down from finn's back and jogging towards the small boat. she unnoticeably shivered as she missed the warmth that radiated off his body.

"i'll have to drag it into the water so hold on a second." finn started to pull the wooden boat into the water and told vienna jump in. she complied and brought the oars with her. finn then gave the boat one last push and quickly jumped in himself before the boat drifted away from land.

"pass the oars little one." vienna passed them over as he said and sat back slightly, admiring the boy in front of her. he was good looking guy and she didn't quite understand how he wasn't already dating someone. vienna thought finn was quite perfect, he was hilarious, sweet, caring, loving and thoughtful, he thought of his friends and family and was always doing selfless acts. vienna liked those factors a lot—she liked him a lot.

"what're you staring at?" finn quirked an eyebrow.

vienna smiled, "someone ugly." she teased.

he faked hurt, a hand landing on his heart and his mouth open. "how—how dare you! i am a very attractive human being, thank you very much and if you cannot see that, stand up and you may jump." he said in a very serious voice but his smiling gave it away.

"well then," she stood up, "better get going then shouldn't i?" vienna playfully lifted one leg and dangled it above the water.

"bloody hell, no! put your leg down woman! put it down and sit back down!"

vienna laughed, "of course." but before she could sit down, finn had carefully and gently pulled her onto his lap. "wow, smooth honey."

he lightly kissed her shoulder and snaked his arms around her waist, "don't lie, you love the feeling."

vienna nodded and leaned back into the crook of his neck, as they watched the water ripple slightly and the sun begin to set slowly, "i really do."

i'm super sorry this took forever to edit and update! i've just started the most important school year and it's been a little hectic.

q: favourite tv show or film series?

a: i have multiple, i'm literally a fandom whore but what you gonna do about that?

i'll make a small list for yous, i love grey's anatomy, that's my no.1 fave, i love teen wolf and riverdale, i love castle, i loooove law&order:svu, i fckn adore marvel movies, i love the harry potter series, i love the flash, blah blah. i'll leave it there or i'll never stop lol bye now.
—jess