Chapt. 14

After I finish showering, I step out and start to dry myself. I go into my closet to look for some clothes. I grab a grey jumper with writing, saying, "Take me to Paris". I pair it up with some yoga pants and some white, glittery UGGs. I only add some mascara as I am going to be in the studio set. As I mentioned before, Dad works as a movie producer. His job seems pretty easy, but in fact is very stressful. I know because one day when I was thirteen years old, Dad came back looking tired and stressed. I asked him why he looked that way, he explained it to me why he was the way he was. He told me his job seemed easy, telling people what to do, traveling all over, working with the hottest celebrities in Hollywood, the fame and fortune, but it wasn't at all what it seemed. In reality, it's hard, and it took me a while to understand that, I've went along with him to watch him work and what I saw was nothing what I imagined. Yet, it was still exciting to see my Dad look thrilled to work. Dad explained to me that traveling all over isn't easy because it means your away for a long period of time, especially since Dad's work is mostly in America. He said it's tough because he doesn't get to see us that often, it's true, one time when I was nine, dad left to America and didn't return until eleven months later. It was difficult without seeing him everyday Also, with fame and fortune also brings troubles. Dad is just about as famous as some celebrities, sometimes he has people around him, asking him if they could get a picture or an autograph. There was once rumors of Dad cheating on Mum, it was fake, of course, Dad would never do such a thing. Then there was one of Jade when she passed away, but it was a very small rumor which was real since she did, I highly doubt anyone remembers, in fact I doubt anyone cared about Jade. She was just a little girl, no one payed attention to her because of her problem, but it wasn't a problem, and that's what bothers me the most. Everyone thought Jade was a mistake, she was a problem, but she wasn't, not to me. Even my own mother and father didn't want her, of course, they never said anything, it's their daughter, how could they complain? Dad kept her a secret, until they found out and spread her death like a wildfire. It only took a week for it to subside though, no one cared, no one but me and Justin. I still have so much resentment towards my parents for that, for keeping their daughter a secret. My sister. My little, sweet, innocent sister.

I didn't notice I was crying until I felt warm tears running down my face.

There's a loud knock on the door, I quickly wipe my tears, careful not to smudge my mascara, I get up and check my face in the mirror, good. I'm

glad I didn't mess up my makeup. I ask;

"Who is it?" My voice is weak and slightly trembling.

"Dad, are you ready to go? We're going to be late." I gather up what I need and check my reflection once more before opening the door with a bitter and cold expression. It appears to take him by surprise but he says nothing about it. I walk past him and downstairs where Mum is laughing in the kitchen, holding her phone between her shoulder and neck. It bothers me seeing her smiling and laughing as if everything in this world was perfect. Pretending as if what happened to me didn't matter much, like I would've already gotten over it in a day. That's her I guess, and that's what bothers me. Everything bothers me, my own mother and father, the people I looked up to, have disappointed me so much. Mum looks up and her smile drops, I glare at her, she'll never know why, so I leave and storm away into the car. I wait in the backseat of Dad's black, spotless, shiny Mercedes. Sometimes I hate being the daughter of a world, renown producer and a fashion designer.

There's many downsides to it, like having fake friends, people who only want to meet your parents because they're famous.

Dad walks outside with a frown on his face, walking down the steps and into the car. He shuts the door and glances at me from the rearview mirror. I stare outside the window as Dad starts the car and drives to the set. The streets and buildings are a blur as we drive by. So many things run through my mind. The past, the present which held one person who mattered so much to me and now betrayed me, and one person who became the reason of my sorrow and confusion.

I realise we are in the set parking lot when Dad parks the car. He even has his spot reserved, just like Justin does at school. Although Justin's parking spot is not officially his, he gets perks because he's the son of a famous producer and designer. Dad's spot has a golden plaque with the words;

Reserved for Stephen Kingsley

In thick, bold and italic letters. Who doesn't know this name? Everywhere he goes and he says his name, people drop their jaws slightly and smile widely. I comb my hair with my hands a little and run my tongue over my teeth, hoping I have nothing in my teeth. I get out of the car and walk ahead, not waiting for Dad to catch up. I bite my lip nervously as I enter the set of my Dad's new movie. It's full of people walking around with ear pieces, cameras all over and small rooms where I assume is the dressing rooms for the actors and actresses. It never fails to amaze me how energetic and happy these people are to be working here. Doing what they love to do. One day, I aspire to be an actress as well. Dad said if I'm very devoted and serious about my career then he'll help me get there. Obviously, being the daughter of a famous Director has its perks as well. There's shouting all around, not the bad, heated type of shouting, but the shouting that encourages people and reminds them to go to hair and makeup or go get dressed. The atmosphere is just so positive and vibrant. This is one of the reasons why I'm so devoted in this thing. I realise I stand there with my mouth agape that a girl heads over to me.

"Hello, you must be Stephen's daughter." yup, that's me, the girl with no name other than 'Stephen's daughter'.

"Yes, I'm Josie." I smile politely to the blond girl who said hello. She has dark blonde hair and brown eyes, she looks very sweet and friendly. She isn't very tall or skinny like a lot of girls. She's a bit on the chubby side, but very pretty.

"I'm Miranda, I'll give you a tour around the set." she smiles brightly, her teeth were as white as snow. Clean snow, not the snow you step in so many times that it turns dirty. She has an American accent, which I was not expecting but is nice to hear an accent so southern like hers. I've always imitated one but I realise now that it's nothing like the real southern accent. I smile back and nod. I guess it's ok to say that I'm excited. She waves over to follow along.

"This here is the dressing room area where our actors get ready," she points to the long hall of rooms, she walks further into the hall. I read the plaques to myself. Bulging my eyes out at some of the names sometimes like for;

Will Poulter

Jennifer Anniston and other people.

Will is like, my man crush Monday, except it's not Monday, it's Thursday. So he's like my throw back man crush Monday on Thursday. I'm a teenager so it's ok to be confusing.

"You like Will huh?" She smirks, her accent is really strong, I don't know much about southern states, but I know Texas and Tennessee are ones.

"He's amazing." I gush, my cheeks slightly tinting.

"Come back tomorrow and you'll get to meet him, today is his day off." She explains. My mood deflates slightly.

Aww, no Will power for me? Get it? Will, he's my power? Will power? Just me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is short and terrible, are you finding it annoying that Mr. Sykes and Josie aren't together yet? If so, let me know! At least I'm not writing forty chapters for them to finally get together..

Anyways now you know a little bit more about Jade and what might be the cause of her mood changing so much within her years and also seeing how her life isn't so perfect, or how her parents are.

Personal Soldier (completed)

Can't Pull a Miracle Out of The Air (completed)

Plenty of Fish in The Sea (on going)

The Wanted Imagines (one shots)

Forbidden (completed)

Forgotten sequel to Forbidden (posted and ongoing)

Check my stories out and tell me what you think.

Josie xx

(This chapter has been edited and the name Josie Kingsley will change at the end of this series. Be aware.)