nine

"Since when do vampires like baseball?" Isaac heard Bella ask Edward as the angel climbed into the truck. Isaac grinned, he loved playing baseball with the Cullen's.

"They have inhuman strength Bella." Isaac reminded her, poking his head out the window. "They can't play when there isn't a storm because of how strong there hits are."

"That... makes sense actually." Bella admitted.

"Isaac you're up!" Alice called, grinning at Isaac who was way too enthusiastic about playing.

"Alright, ready to have your ass kicked Ed?" Isaac grinned, winking at his sisters boyfriend and moving into position. Alice stood on the pitchers mound and sent Isaac a playful smile before throwing the baseball as hard as she could. Isaac watched the ball, waiting until it looked like he was going to miss when he smashed the bat against the ball, sending it flying faster than Edward could keep up with. Isaac went to high five Rosalie, but froze when the itchy feeling that accompanied his visions hit his eyes.

"Stop!" Both he and Alice shouted, the vision ending.

"They were leaving..." Alice said in panic, everyone moving to where Bella and Esme were standing.

"They must have heard us playing and turned back." Isaac gulped, finishing Alice's thought. Edward had Bella take her hair down and he placed his hat on her, but Isaac wasn't sure what good that was going to do.

"I don't see how that's gonna help." Rosalie said, voicing Isaac's thoughts. "I could smell her across the field."

"Edward you need to gst Bella out of here." Carlisle told Edward whp mpved to so just that but Alice and Isaac cut him off with a shake of their heads.

"It's too late, they're coming." They said at the same time, all turning just as the nomads walked out of the forest and into the clearing. Isaac grimaced, a cold and uneasy feeling moving through him at the sight of them and knew they only meant bad news, even if the others didn't lnow that yet. The man with dark skin and long dreads held up the baseball that Isaac had hit, smiling kindly.

"This is yours, yes?" He asked, throwing the ball. Carlisle caught it easily, smiling. "We'd love to join you." The oldest Cullen looked at the Swan siblings and Isaac nodded lightly. "Only for a game, of course?" Isaac tried his very hardest not to flinch back at the man's wicked grin, dread filling his body and mind.

"Sure, a few of us were just leaving." Carlisle said as the redhead, Victoria, smiled, making all of them feel uneasy. Isaac missed what she said, but Jasper was the one to reply, accent thick.

"I think we can handle that." Jasper quirked an eyebrow knowingly. Acting at ease, the Cullen's and Isaac moved to spread across the field while Edward and Alice directed Bella away. The wind shifted, blowing Bella's hair and the blonde, James, clearly caught the scent, breathing deeply and grinning manically.

"You brought a snack." Isaac tensed before a growl ripped from him, throwing himself in between of the blonde and Edward who was hissing. Unconciously Isaac's wings sprang out and he crouched, ready to attack.

"The girl's with us." Carlisle shouted, though he was calm. Laurent, the darkskinned man shouted James back, eyeing the angel warily.

"My apologies, i wasn't aware you had an angel protecting you." Laurent said calmly. "Maybe we should go. James, Victoria, lets go." Isaac didn't react until they left, and Bella's hand fell on his shoulder and he snapped out of it. His wings folded up and dissapeared, and he gathered his sister up in a hug.

"Lets go."

Isaac could say with 100% certainty he hated the plan, but he knew it was the only way to get away from the nomads. Isaac went inside first, heading straight up to his room without a sound and throwing clothes into a bag. He wasn't sure what Bella had planned but he couldn't imagine anything good.

"Just stay the hell away from me Edward!" Bella shouted, storming into the house and Isaac's eyes widened in surprise. "We're done, it's over." The front door slammed and Isaac could hear Charlie trying to get Bella to talk to him.

"Bella what's going on?" Charlie shouted after his daughter who ran swiftly up the stairs, grabbing some of her things from cupboards and moving into her room. Isaac leant against his bedroom wall, listening and waiting.

"I'm leaving, I'm sorry. I just need to see mom."

"You're not going to drive all the way to Jacksonville, sleep on it."

"I'm sorry I- I just need to get out of here." Bella stuttered out. Isaac quickly followed them down the stairs, Charlie's eyes widening when he saw Isaac's backpack.

"You're going to drive all night." Charlie looked exasperated as Bella grabbed her keys. Bella looked regretful, leaving the house in a flurry of emotion.

"If I get tired I'll pull into a motel or Isaac can drive. Look i just, need to go." Charlie looked up at Isaac who was standing on the porch in a desparate attempt to stop his daughter leaving. Isaac walked towards Charlie, hugging his dad tightly.

"Don't worry Dad, I'll get her home in a few days. She's just upset." Charlie smiled thankfully at his son and watched as Bella and Isaac drove away and wondering what the hell was going on.

authors note

hey so i finally didn't feel like doing nothing and wasting away so i figured i'd edit this and publish a chapter. its pretty short and quite shit but oh well

date written : 22/12/17
date re-written: 11/04/18
date published : 11/14/18
edited : officially been edited you're welcome sorry it took so long
word count : 929