five

After Isaac had the conversation with the Cullen's about his drawings, Isaac drove home and fell into bed, exhaustion taking over quickly.

Unfortunately, the next morning he woke up with his sister shaking him awake.

"Godsake Izzy." Isaac groaned, sitting up fully with a grinning Bella sitting on his bed.

"I don't wanna go on my own." Was all she said, and Isaac nodded with a tired sigh.

"Alrighty, give me 20 minutes and I'll drive you." Bella nodded and she left Isaac's room. The boy flopped back into his cocoon of blankets before rolling out of bed. Dressing in a plain black t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, he pulled on his navy blue converse and a blue jumper. With a sigh, he grabbed a random scarf and his stuff before leaving his room.

Bella looked pensively up at the high school building from the passenger seat of her new truck since Isaac's didn't have the new tires on it yet.

"Don't worry Bells, just head to the office and someone will get you your timetable and locker number." Bella nodded her head at her brothers assurance. She climbed out of her truck, waved goodbye to Isaac and headed into the high school. Isaac grabbed his bag and climbed out of his sister's car, jumping onto the hood to wait for Alice and Jasper.

It was 5 minutes later that he saw Rosalie's red convertible pull into the lot, Emmett's jeep and Edwards silver Volvo right behind it. Alice climbed out of Emmett's jeep and skipped over, smiling happily. Her hair was loose, a pink flower crown holding her hair out of her face and she was wearing one of her favourite dresses - a deep red that contrasted well with her golden eyes.

"Hey." Alice chirped, leaning her back against Bella's truck.

"Ready for class?" Isaac asked, jumping down and swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Always." Alice grinned just as the bell rang, and they walked arm in arm to their first lesson of the day, art.

The day droned on and soon it was the period before lunch and Isaac had Biology, a class he shared with Edward. Slamming his locker shut, he clutched his biology folder to his chest and slowly walked towards the class, completely unaware of his hand shaking and his face paling. It wasn't until he stepped into the classroom did he finally realise he was feeling faint. Edward was sitting on the stool closest to the window, a look of deep discomfort painted on his face as Bella looked slightly put off by how the vampire was reacting around her. Isaac let out a silent gasp and quickly walked up to their Biology teacher, who let him leave the class upon seeing his pale face and shaking hands.

Alice found the boy sitting in the bed of Bella's truck, sketching in his book and a pair of headphones on. She tapped his shoulder, bringing him out of his trance.

"Hey Isaac." She smiled happily in the way she always did. He sent her a toothy grin, shuffling over to make room for the Cullen girl to sit beside him.

"It was not a good feeling." Isaac told her once he'd explained the urgent text he had sent her as soon as he left his class.

"Yeah no I totally understand Isaac." Alice replied, sitting down beside him in the bed of the truck. "I was human when it started, but since it was the 40's my parents had me committed. Only reason I'm still alive is because a vampire turned me after an orderly tried to kill me." Isaac ripped out a sheet of paper from his sketchpad and handed it to Alice.

"I drew this last night." Isaac shrugged. "Nothing fancy, just a cute drawing of you and Jasper."

"Thank you." Alice grinned stupidly, wrapping her arms around him and hugging her best friend.

It was now lunch and Isaac found himself leaning against the wall outside the canteen waiting for Alice and Jasper to arrive so he and the rest of the Cullen's could actually go inside.

"Isaac why the hell are you wearing a scarf?" Rosalie asked bluntly, motioning to the scarf that was wrapped around his neck.

"Because it's cold." Isaac deadpanned. "See unlike you weirdo's, I can actually feel the cold still and it's fucking freezing. Not to mention, at least I don't dress in the same colours as you guys." Isaac ranted, motioning to them as Alice and Jasper finally joined them. "Except you Edward, somehow you managed to avoid the creepy so congratulations." Isaac sent Edward a thumbs up only to receive a glare in return. "Such a sweetheart."

Inside, Bella found herself sitting with her new friends. Jessica was babbling about god knows what when she suddenly looked over to the door. Bella frowned, following her line of sight when a group of individuals came in.

"Who are they?" She asked Jessica, who looked dazed almost.

"The Cullen's." She replied knowingly. They're Dr and Mrs Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago."

"They kind of keep to themselves." Angela interjected. Jessica began to point them out.

"The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark haired guy's Emmett, they're like really close, I think their together. Okay the little dark haired girl's Alice, she's really weird and that's her boyfriend Jasper, the blonde one who looks like he's in pain, and her best friend-" Bella cut her off not unkindly, recognising him all too well.

"Isaac." She muttered and the two girls sent her a confused look.

"Uh, yeah how do you know that?" Bella immediately flushed red at the insinuation of the question, quickly correcting the girls.

"He's my older brother." Bella explained quickly. "He stayed with my dad while I lived in Phoenix with my mum."

"Anyway, Isaac and Alice have been best friends since she first came to forks with her family. Rumour is that Isaac made an attempt and she and Edward were the ones to find him and save his life." Bella looked down at the table, feeling uncomfortable at the way the two girls quickly shot her curious looks. Bella quickly looked around the room hoping for a change in subject when her eyes fell on another male entering the canteen.

"Who's he?" She asked curiously, nodding her head to the entrance where he was walking.

"That's Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here's good enough for him. Like I care, you know?" Bella tuned out of the conversation to look at the table, her eyes focused on her brother, who was laughing and smiling with the others. She smiled slightly at her brother, waving at him which he returned gleefully which made her laugh at his idiocy before turning back to her 'friends' and finishing her lunch.

date written : some time in november 2017 dudes
date published : 06/01/18
edited : yes (2020)
word count : 1172