Back To School

I'm going back to school today and to be honest with you, I couldn't be more terrified! I'm wearing a black vest top, with a black and red flannel shirt round my waist, with high wasted black jeans and my white high top converse.

"Mom, I'm ready!" I say as I pic up my bad and go downstairs.

"Are you sure you want to go back to school?" my mom asks.

"I'm sure. Now come on, I'm going to be late." I say.

We get into the car with my brother and start driving. I'm looking out the window and looking at some people walking, I recognise them from some classes. We arrive and I take a few deep breaths before stepping out. I go to my moms window and she rolls it down. She kisses my forehead and a hug. I turn around and then walk into school. A few people come up to me and ask if I'm okay, and I give them a honest answer. Yeah, I'm fine. I walk to my locker and out in my books for after break and then I walk into home room. I sit down and then 10 minuets later, Mr Dayna comes back in.

"Ella, welcome back." Says Mr Dayna.

"Thank you." I say.

Mr Dayna silences the class and then he calls attendance.

"Ella, why were you not here for like two weeks?" asks a girl.

"I don't want to talk about it." I say.

I look over at Bethany's seat. She isn't in, but to be honest, she was more mentally traumatized than I was. I zone out whilst Mr Dayna is talking and I soon realize the bell is ringing. English. Ugh. I drag myself to English and written on the board is 'PRETEND YOU ARE WRITING A LETTER TO SOMEONE I PRISON, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?' I sit down and get out my pen and paper. I already know someone in prison and that's the father of the baby. I start scribbling down words, and then we are told to hand them to the front.

"I'm going to read these and then-" says Miss Nelly.

I gulp.

"Ella, can I see you outside about your letter please?" asks Miss Nelly.

People start whispering and I hear my name quite a few times. I look at the slim-fit beauties and they all give me dirty looks. I try to put my head down, then the 'head' slim-fit beauty comes over to me and says 'we all know what happened, just no one wants to talk to a skank like you.'.

"ENOUGH!" Miss Nelly shouts.

I stand up and walk to the front. I go back for my bag and then leave the room. I go to the principal's office and walk in without knocking.

"Ella, welcome back. I heard what happened and i am terribly sorry." Says Mr Sioux.

"Save your sorry's! People are laughing at me! Calling me names! I can't take it. The only way it will stop is if they hear the full story form me! But I can't fit the whole school into one classroom! What can I do?" I say as I sit opposite him.

"Well, as we all know, news paper articles are not fully true and the case hasn't been on the news. Why don't you do a sort of, speech, in front of the school. Only if you are comfortable with it?" Mr Sioux suggests.

"A speech? In front of the school? Can my mom be there, for support?" I ask.

"Of course. Since the anti-bullying presentation is coming up on Friday, maybe you could do it during then? People calling you names is a form of bullying and anyone you know of that has done so already, I would like their names please." says Mr Sioux.

"Shelly Williams." I say.

"Anyone else?" asks Mr Sioux.

"No. So, the anti-bullying presentation is on Friday, during hat period?" i ask.