Prologue

A/N: Hey, everyone. So this is my debut Wattpad book and I felt like saying a few words about it.

It’s a light summer read, mostly aiming to make you laugh, with a notch of romance in there. The story is about a girl who falls for a guy she doesn’t want to fall for - given she has a boyfriend she loves. She tries to fight it but it gets a little more complicated when they end up on a vacation together.

There’s a lot of fun banter, especially once the story gets in full force. As for the main theme – cheating, you have to read to the end to draw the lesson.

I hope you give it a chance and if you do, please vote and comment! I'd like to know what you think!

Xo,

Summer

---

“Is that what does it for you? Playing hard to get?”

“Is that what you’re doing? Because it’s certainly working.”

What? How could he turn this on me? “I’m not playing anything. I told you why this can’t happen.”

“Yes. You gave me a rather unoriginal excuse.” I could hear the irritation in his voice, despite his efforts to appear more or less indifferent.

“It’s no excuse,” I objected. “You know it’s complicated.”

“No, it’s actually pretty simple.” He detached himself from the bar and straightened. I had to twist myself in order to see him and when he stood behind me I decided it was easier to just turn around. “Close your eyes,” he ordered.

“Why?” I asked suspiciously.

“Just close them.”

I was angry. I was anxious. And I was curious.

I leaned back against the bar and with a demonstrative sigh I closed my eyes. A few moments passed before anything happened. Then, there was a light touch on my shoulder. A fingertip. My eyelids flipped open.

“What are you doing?” I scolded.

“Close your eyes!” he instructed again, mirroring my tone.

“Okay, but you have to tell me what you’re doing!”

He waited for me to obey, not saying a word. With another exaggerated sigh, I dropped my eyelids again.

He let another moment pass, probably making sure I would keep my eyes closed this time, and then I felt the finger on my shoulder move. It was slowly tracing down my arm. Now there were two. And three. They were leaving a trail of goose bumps behind. And a blast of tingles in my stomach.

“Do you feel this?” He leaned close to my ear again and the brush of his breath doubled the sensation.

God, did I feel it!

I swallowed before I could answer, “Yes.”

“And this?” Now his fingertips were on the side of my neck, moving down, caressing my skin with the gentlest touch.

I took a deep breath. “Yes.”

My arm lost his touch and now he traced the side of my face and before I knew it I was leaning, my head following the curves of his movement.

“And this?” he asked again and this time my “Yes” was close to a whisper.

His palms cupped my face meeting at the nape of my neck and he slid his thumbs under my chin causing it to lift.

“And this?”

Before I could say anything, there were lips on my lips. And I didn’t push them away. He kissed me softly and then with a little more force and I kissed him back. In a moment that felt too short, he backed away a little and I opened my eyes. I was looking at his face through a haze.

“See? It’s simple.”