She's Back

@-jetblacktrotta

What if Mike Wheeler actually had another sister? What if this sister was just sent to a boarding school, for her exceptional mind and her rebellious heart? Well, that's what happened. Meet Bella Wheeler, Mike's twin sister.

Bella

Finally! She's going home! God, she hasn't seen her brother nor sisters since she left, and now, two years later, she's finally going back to Hawkins, her home town. In all honesty, she got acquainted at the boarding school accordingly, making new friends and putting her brilliant mind into use. She even cleaned up from her rotten, child-like behavior. So, she was finally able to come home, after precisely seven hundred and thirty-eight days of being away, in New York. She got used to the New York life, the extreme climate conditions varying from Winter to Summer, how the air was always kind of polluted, how the night is never dark, the lights illuminating everything. She learned and saw so much, she was torn about her emotions on coming home. But, she missed her family. She missed her twin brother Mike, along with her older sister Nancy and little Holly. She must've grown, maybe four? And her parents, the ones she misses and loves, but feels harsh resentment. She's not going to show it, though. She can't.

Thoughts rush through her head, thinking about her family. Nancy will be eighteen, is she in college? Mike will be thirteen, I wonder if he still hangs out with his friends... maybe he's even gotten a girlfriend! What about Holly? Is she in Kindergarten, or preschool? They race around her head as the bus comes to a halt, and the bus driver announces, "Anyone coming off to Hawkins, Indiana? If so, exit now." she sighs and picks up her heavy luggage, pulling it off and paying the bus driver. She stands at the bus stop, looking around to her old town. Nothing has changed too much, it really has only been a couple years- but then she sees a bench with a sign on it. "Hawkins National Energy Faciltiy- being re-opened." Bella raises her eyebrows in surprise. "It closed? What on Earth went down? Most likely some toxic chemicals, maybe a major gas leak, or hey! Maybe they were exposed," Bella jokes, as she walks across the sidewalk, navigating through her town. She sees telephone polls, she sees more shops, but the woods on her far left- they haven't changed. Still large, lush, and plenty of dead leaves from previous Winter are still scattered. As she reaches her development, she gulps, and walks on, trying to ignore the pang in her chest.  

The sounds of teeming life are everywhere, from birds, to crickets, lawn-mowers are chopping across yards. As she walks, her footsteps are heard, clacking against the pavement. "So... here it goes," she mutters, reaching the end of the Cul-de-sac, and gingerly knocks on the door, tapping her foot nervously. When the lock clicks, and the door swings open, and her mother is standing there, smiling proudly. "Hi, sweetheart," she says warmly, and Bella hugs her. "I missed you," they both tell one another. "Wow, you've grown. Maybe an entire foot!" her mother exclaims, and Bella laughs. "Yeah, I guess. I've always been kinda tall." Karen smiles. "It's so nice to see you! Everyone's downstairs, waiting for you. There's Mike, Nancy, Will, Dustin, Lucas, your father, and Holly." She explains, leading her to the basement. A lot has changed since 1982, she thinks incredulously, staring at her house in wonder. It's still neat, but there are more toys, different smells of food. More stuff has been bought, arranged throughout the house. New items that are "in!" are scattered about, and the carpets have More stains. Most likely from pizza or juice.

As Bella walks down the stairs, she sees the smiling faces of everyone. Especially Mike's... And Will's. Bella drops everything, and run to Mike, Nancy, and Holly, squeezing them. "I've missed you guys... a lot," she muttered. "We've missed you too! You wouldn't believe what happened while you were gone! It was insane! We'll tell you about it later, but I'm curious. How was the school?" Mike asks, looking at me. He's grown... a lot. He's taller, slimmer, and his cheekbones have become increasingly noticeable. His dark brown eyes have largened, and his skin is spotted with freckles. "Well, it was nice. I met so many new people, I saw so many new things, and I've learned. I've always loved learning!" Bella says with a laugh. "Yeah, you have." Dustin cuts in. "I remember, you used to watch us intently during our campaigns, and always asking questions. You now know how to play, you just choose not to!" he exclaims, and Bella smiles at him. "Eh, that's your thing. So... you're thirteen! Any girlfriends?" and Will's, Lucas', and Dustin's face dart to Mike, who blushes. "...no..." he says quietly. "Yeah, okay." i turn to the boys, and hug them. Jeez, they're cute! Especially Will... he's just adorable. But in a hot way. He was chocolate brown hair, that compliments his eyes, I could just get lost in them. He looks paler then he used to, a little skinnier, but nothing to severe. "Wow," Bella murmurs, earning kind of a pink tint to reach Will's face. Bella walks to Nancy, and gives her another squeeze. "So... did you grow up too much?" Nancy asks, smiling. "Nope!" Bella exclaims, popping the "p". She goes over to little Holly, and she hugs Holly, picking her up. "Gosh, you were so little when I last saw you!" Bella says, looking at Holly's pudgy and adorable face. The last ones she hugs are her mother and father, who open their arms. "Welcome home, baby," her Dad says, kissing her forehead. Her mom keeps her in the tight embrace. "Let's get you unpacked," Will says, volunteering to carry the items. Bella shrugs, and takes up a suitcase. "I'm home," she mutters as she enters her room.

~*~*~*~*

It's been two months since Bella has gotten home. And, since then, she's learned a lot. About Mike, about Will, about everyone! Mike was even liking someone! Except... she disappeared. Mike's still trying to find her, trying to find clues. Will actually asked Bella out on her fourteenth birthday! She obviously accepted in a stuttering mess. They were just hanging out, like normal, when Will just started talking. "Hey, what would you do if Will the Wise actually came to life?" He asks, smirking. Bella smiles. I don't know, I would imagine it as something like, "MY CABBAGE FIREBALLS WILL DESTROY YOU!" and he'd break everything that is modern. But, he would be smart, and clean it up." Will raises his eyebrows. "Yeah, I guess." he says. "What would you do if the guy you liked... kissed you?"

Bella heats up completely, and starts to hyperventilate. "Uh... uh... that would b-be enjoyable... I guess." Bella wants to smack herself. Beat him at his own game, she thinks, and before Will could respond, she leans in and kisses him. Full and long on the mouth. "Like that?" she sniggers, and he's the one who goes bright red. "Uh, yeah! Exactly like that!" his voice becomes squeaky, as it was a little over two years ago. Bella rests her head on his shoulder, and said, "wow. I can't believe I was torn between staying in New York, or coming home." she whispered. "Neither can I. I'm glad you are home," he says, kissing her forehead. But just then and there, Lucas, Dustin, and Mike jump from their hiding positions. "HA! WILL LOVES BELLA! WILL LOVES BELLA!" They chant, as they tease and make fun of them. Kissy noises and jokes are included.

Bella jumps up and starts chasing them, but she was smiling the entire time. That's where the real madness begins.

I hope you like it!