The New Kid

-eleven

You are the new girl at Hawkins Middle School, who just moved from California, so you are super nervous to try to make friends. At your old school, that was a challenge. A lot of kids always made fun of you, for being a brainiac and a gamer, always picked on and called nasty names. The school's "punching bag." So, this school doesn't sound too promising. You wake up on the freezing December morning, really not ready to go to Hawkins.

"Sweetie! Your food is ready!" exclaimed your mom, and you grumble, "coming," as you slowly get ready. Not only are you worried about your new school, but you are tired and miserable, dreading your school- the one you'd have to call "home," for two more years. You eat your pancakes begrudgingly, and leave with a swift "bye, Mom! Love you!" as you head out the door.

You decide to take your bicycle, So you pedal silently, passing by multiple cars, buses, and trees, it all goes by in a blur. "Well, maybe, at this school, you can run a Dungeons and Dragons game! Maybe some kids will play with you! I already have a created story line, with many monsters, all stated and ready. Just maybe..." you mutter, daydreaming as you bike, until you reach the school. It's crowded, like any school, but it is very unnerving. You park your bike in the bicycle rack, and you start walking, staring at the ground shyly. That is, until you accidently feel a barrier hit you, as you fall to the ground. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" you exclaim, picking yourself up from the dirt.

You hear a kind laugh. "Hey, it's okay. Do you need any help?" you just smile, and get a good look at his face. He's really cute, with short and shiny brown hair, dark and large eyes, with pale skin. He's really cute.

No, you can't think that! You just met the guy! He might even hate you! Just act... normal, you think furiously. "Uh, hey? You okay?" the boy asks, and you nod. "Yeah, I'm all good. My name is
Y\N, what's yours?" You ask politely. "I'm Will Byers. I haven't seen you here before, are you new?" he asks. "Yup! Greetings from a California girl," You say, and he laughs. "Well, it's nice to meet you. See you around." he says, and walks back to four other people. Three of them are boys, the other one's a girl, with almost completely shaved hair. "Alright then," you murmur, as you pick up the rest of your items as you head to class.

Will

That girl that I met... Y\N, she seems super nice. And she's new! Well, most likely another popular kid. I mean, from California! Not to mention, she's kinda pretty... Ugh. Not like she'd like me. I'm a nerd, who plays a wizard in a gaming group. What on earth will she think of that? Eh, I shouldn't worry about it. "So... are you eyeing the new girl?" Dustin asks jokingly, nudging his side. Lucas and Mike smirk, while Eleven just cracks a smile. "No, she just seems nice! Jeez." I say, shoving Dustin lightly. "Hey!" he yells.

I stick my tongue at him. Well, here comes the rest of our day.

You

The classes were very easy, you had no struggle at all! No surprise, you were one of the smartest kids in the grade. Near the end of the day, you pass by a small sign, with a cheesy logo. "Join the A.V. club!" it says, and you look at it. It sounds kind of... fun? As you try to absorb any details, you hear a voice behind you. "Thinking of joining the A.V. club?" the voice asks, making you whirl your head. "Because I'm the president, and most people don't really care for those kind of things." he admits. "Well, I'm interested! It sounds fun. Well, to me, obviously. I'm classified as a nerd," You say with a teasing smile. "Well, you've met the right people! The kid who you bumped into this morning? Will? He's also part of the club, including Lucas and Dustin. Meet us after school?" he asks. "Sure! I didn't catch your name, though." I remind him. He gives a small smile. "Mike. Mike Wheeler. Nice to meet you!" he says, shaking my hand.

*~*~*~*~*

It's been a couple months since you joined the school, and now, you're basically best friends with the four of them, especially Will. of whom you have grown to have a big crush on. But, you don't tell him that, you don't want to risk your friendship. One day, a sunny morning in April, you go to school with a smile on your face. But, that plummets as you enter the courtyard, seeing a large crowd. They're surrounding your closest friends, as the biggest bullies are nit-picking at them... again. "Hey? You freak? Do another magic trick, but try it on me, I'll have you locked away." I
You feel fury bubble in your throat, El didn't deserve that. The four of them told you everything that happened a while ago, so now, you feel as if you are part of the story. So you push through the crowd. Troy and James are still sneering, making fun of them. "Will... where is your little girlfriend? The biggest nerd of all of you? Oh wait, you don't have one? You little fairy. Faggot." Troy spits, and then he shoves Will. That's when You step in. "Leave him alone." You say dangerously. "Oh, the nerd standing up to us? Please, that's pathetic." You raise your eyebrows. "Huh. I would try to completely mess with your mind until it's nothing but goo, questioning your very existence. But, since I'd prefer to be nice, I'll let you off with this." You say, and use your power to kick them both really hard in the shin and knee, causing them to cry out. "AH! You're so getting it!" Troy screams, about to run at the you. But, Will steps foward, as does Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and El. "Go." El says fiercly, causing their eyes to widen. Troy and James run off, and the crowd dissipates, and you look back at them. "Thanks, for standing up for us," Mike says. "Yeah, Y\N. We didn't know you could kick like that. You smile. "Well, being a punching bag at the old school... well, you learn some defensive ways." They laugh, and the rest of the day goes by peacefully.

That night, you guys have just ended game, and Will offers to ride you home. You gladly except, your heart soaring, as you bike home across Mirkwood. His house is the first stop, so he gets off and goes to his garage. You heave a sigh, and is about to ride home, but Will calls you, as he comes back over. "Yeah, Will?" you ask, a tingley feeling spreading around your body as he comes closer. Then, out of nowhere, he kisses you.

It's short, sweet, but it happened. He kissed you. It was amazing, it was romantic, everything you hoped for in a first kiss, that was it, except even more. "Good night," he says with a huge smile on his face, a dark red blush on his pale cheeks. "G-g-goodnight!" You stutter. He gives a laugh, as you ride off. Now, You know. Moving to Hawkins was the greatest thing you've ever done.

(Hope you liked it!)