Chapter Twelve

If the photo works it's your FIRST look at Laurel

His phone buzzing on his bedside table woke him from a deep dreamless sleep, the first thing he was aware of was that it was morning, the second thing was that a very soft body was cuddled up against his.

At first he was confused, he didn't sleep with random women. He couldn't even remember the last time he'd had a woman, long enough that the club joked he was the only celibate member. Then he remembered Becky, glancing down he saw her still sleeping peacefully.

He reached for his phone, not moving from under her. He glanced at the time before flipping it open.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, it's Wolf."

"Hey."

"Dude, do you know it's after ten? I've never known you to sleep passed seven."

"It's a Saturday, I sleep in Saturdays."

"Since when?"

"Does this phone call have a point?" He asked.

"Yeah, Ezra is out. Laurel and her crew are throwing him a barbeque next weekend, I think it'd be in good taste if the Animals go."

"Fine," He agreed.

"So I can count you in?"

He glanced down at Becky she was still sleeping but a small frown had formed on her delicate face, creasing her forehead and pulling at the corner of her soft lips. Out of pure instinct he reached out his free hand and stroked her dark curls from her face until her face relaxed.

"I don't know, depends on how Becky is doing."

"Woah, wait, since when do you care how Becky is doing?" Wolf asked.

"She's my responsibility until Ty comes back, she hasn't been sleeping or eating."

"Just bring her with you."

"Maybe."

"Alright, well let me know if you need anything."

"I will."

Wolf hung up and Zeke tossed his phone back onto the table. He glanced back down where Becky was sleeping, one hand still clutching his shirt like a life line and her cheek pressed against his chest. His arm was numb and asleep from her laying on it all night long. He tried to gently pull his arm out from under her small frame but only succeeded in waking her up.

"Zeke?" She lifted her head, still half asleep.

"It's just me, go back to sleep."

She gave a small nod and then wrapping her arms around him proceeded to settle back down at his side. He had originally meant for her to roll over to go back to sleep, allowing him to leave but he decided he could stay in bad a little longer.

Wolf walked out of his office to wear Morgan stood behind the desk, she had taken up the position of secretary for the clubhouse garage since Lacy had been let go. Demon was to the left working on a car and Lacy was perched on his toolbox watching him.

When Demon and Lacy first announced they were in a relationship Wolf had worried about the strain it would cause on the club with Lacy being an exmember but if anything it made the entire situation better. Lacy was more relaxed, she laughed more and she enjoyed being in the garage with the rest of the club more now that she'd abandoned her title as a member and became known as Demon's old lady.

"Well?" Morgan asked as he approached.

"He said he didn't know, I think everything with Becky lately and then Ty is keeping him pretty busy."