Life With Fred Weasley Chapter 8

"Let's continue on then, shall we?" Dumbledore said breaking the silent spell.

Sirius rolled his eyes, "I'll read."

Remus' eyes went wide, "Sirius Black? Reading? The world is coming to an end!"

"Just give me the bloody book." Sirius took the book and began to read.

The sound of the front door slamming echoed up the stairs and a voice roared, "Oh! You!"

There were some raised eyebrows at that but no one said anything.

Sixteen years of being addressed thus left Harry in no doubt when his uncle was calling, nevertheless, he did not immediately respond.

"Good on you, Harry." George said with a determined grin. He'd get that Vernon Dursley...and the whale of a son of his...it could be his wedding present to his brother and soon-to-be-brother –in-law!

Because at the rate they were going there was no doubt in his mind that the two wouldn't be married by the time his little niece or nephew turned one.

He was still staring at the narrow fragment in which, for a split second, he had thought he saw Dumbledore's eye. It was not until his uncle bellowed, "BOY!" that Harry got slowly out of bed and headed for the bedroom door, pausing to add the piece of broken mirror to the rucksack filled with things he would be taking with him.

Fred glared at the book in Sirius' hands. "He should be calling you by your name!"

Minerva nodded in agreement, something she tried not to do with any one of the Weasley twins in particular.

"You took you time!" roared Vernon Dursley when Harry appeared at the top of the stairs, "Get down here. I want a word!"

Harry strolled downstairs, his hands deep in his pants pockets. When he searched the living room he found all three Dursleys. They were dressed for packing; Uncle Vernon in an old ripped-up jacket and Dudley, Harry's, large, blond, muscular cousin, in his leather jacket.

"Yes?" asked Harry.

"Sit down!" said Uncle Vernon. Harry raised his eyebrows. "Please!" added Uncle Vernon, wincing slightly as though the word was sharp in his throat.

Harry stared at the book in shock. "Did he just say please?" he asked faintly.

Sirius nodded and repeated the line with a frown before Harry looked up into his eyes. "I didn't think that word was in his vocabulary!"

Some people glanced at Harry in shock but Minerva just smiled sadly and ruffled the boy's hair affectionately.

Harry sat. He thought he knew what was coming. His uncle began to pace up and down, Aunt Petunia and Dudley, following his movement with anxious expressions. Finally, his large purple face crumpled with concentration. Uncle Vernon stopped in front of Harry and spoke.

"I've changed my mind," he said.

"What a surprise," said Harry.

"Don't you take that tone-!" began Aunt Petunia in a shrill voice, but Vernon Dursley waved her down "It's all a lot of claptrap," said Uncle Vernon, glaring at Harry with piggy little eyes. "I've decided I don't believe a word of it. We're staying put, we're not going anywhere."

There were some more raised eyebrows but the twins and Ron began to laugh hysterically and Arthur even looked a little red from trying to hold in his laughter.

Hermione frowned, "What's so funny?"

"The book,"

"Said he had,"

"Piggy eyes!"

"I've never heard,"

"A more accurate,"