Chapter 2

Sunday, April 2, 2006

I'm dressing up right now preparing for the evening mass to the nearest chapel. I'm a catholic and my mom practice us to go in the church every Sunday.

Back when I was in the middle school, Lika and our childhood friends are the children of the chapel. We studied bible and listened to the talk of our favorite church leader Katherine. The last time I remember we've won on a quiz bee during Christmas season in the main catholic church of the town Santa Cruz.

The mass will start 6 o'clock in the evening and my family seated on the mid row chair inside of the chapel. I noticed the seminarist guy with his friend at the altar. They are the sexton for tonight wearing those plain white dress for ushering the priest.

Lika walk to the altar with Rona and they approached the seminarist guy. I tried to avoid a sight to the altar but it seemed like my eyes are dragging to look on them.

They are laughing together along with the other guy sexton. I shook my head and Lika waved at me.

"Haya, come here!" Lika yelled out.

I can't believe she's yelling inside of the chapel. I stand up and walk to the altar.

"Why?" I asked immediately.

"Haya, these are Jm and Leester." Rona introduced the seminarist guys.

I glared to them and force a smile, "Uh, Hi.."

"Well, Hi.." Jm greeted me with a good smile. "So your name is Haya."

"Yeah, nice to meet you.." I replied glaring to Leester.

"They are inviting us over a dinner after mass." Lika stated.

"Really?" I asked lazily.

"They are apprenticing to be a priest someday and they are under supervision with Uncle Bob that's why they stayed in the house." Rona stated.

"Yeah, I see that." I replied and crowd had been alert by the car that just arrived.

The priest had arrived. We move back to our seats and the two sexton welcomed the priest.

The mass has started and I sat down beside the wall. I want to lean my side to the wall while listening to the holy gospel of my favorite priest which is father Larry.

During the mass, the seminarist guy Jm still giving me a stare and Lika and Rona noticed it.

"I think he likes you." Rona whispered on my back.

I turn a bit and put a smirk on my lips. "What are you saying,"

"Jm, he's only 20 years old you know. Five years gap doesn't matter." Rona stated more.

"Sssshhhh." I signaled her to shut her mouth. I'm trying to concentrate to understand the gospel.

At the moment that I'm going to have my holy communion by taking the sacramental bread from the priest. Jm is beside him smiling at me already.

"Behold, the body of Christ.." Father Larry said.

"Amen!" I replied and open my mouth to place the bread inside. I sign of the cross on front of the altar and pray.

The mass has ended and my family started to walk going home. Actually our house is located like thirty steps away from the chapel.

"Join us in our dinner tonight." Uncle Bob said.

"Yeah sure, we're going there. We will just change our shoes into slippers." My mom replied.

"Okay, we'll see you there." Uncle Bob said.