28

Christmas Eve 8:42 a.m.

Calum's POV

I am awaken by soft lips being pressed along my shoulder blade and neck, soft hands running down my arms. I groan as I squint my eyes open, turning over to see my beautiful girlfriend smiling tiredly down at me.

"Morning, baby girl," I smile groggily.

"Good morning, sleepy head," She giggles, pressing a firm, yet soft kiss to my lips before pulling away quickly and scrunching up her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Morning breath," Skyler says in disgust, standing up as she begins to walk out of my room. I roll my eyes and lunge, grabbing her arm and pulling her back down with me.

"Oh, like you don't have it yourself," I laugh wrapping her in my arms, "You're probably just dying for more, yeah?" I say attacking her with kisses all over her body.

"Calum, stop!" She squeals as she struggles to get out of my grip.

"Never!"

"Ugh, Cal."

"Even if I wanted to," I say in between kisses, "I couldn't because I can't resist the temptation."

"I made breakfast."

"I'm up!" Throwing the covers off myself, I push Skyler aside, running down to the kitchen.

"Nice that you shoved your girlfriend to the ground, Cal," My sister laughs as she makes her coffee. I open my mouth to say something when a cough from behind me catches me. My eyes widen and I turn around to see Skyler, leaning in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Hey, baby," I stutter out, nervously scratching the back of my neck.

"Thanks for the early Christmas gift, Cal," She smiles sarcastically, "I just love being shoved to the ground in the morning." I pull Skyler towards me, and lift her on the counter, stepping in between her legs. My hands resting on her thighs.

"I'm sorry, Sky," I smile trying to break through to her.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Baby," I whine.

"God, Cal," She groans, "You're so annoying." I shrug, pressing my lips to hers

"You know me so well," I mumble against her lips, the scent of chocolate chip pancakes filling the room.

"Well, I figured that since your parents are out getting stuff for tonight, that I would be nice and let you sleep in. So I made your favorite breakfast," She says proudly.

"Thank you. It smells amazing." I kiss her cheek before taking a plate from her hands.

"I can't wait to see the guys," She says jumping down from the counter, "I've missed them tons."

"Yeah, me too," I say stuffing a forkful of pancakes in my mouth, wondering what I would ever do without the boys.

Christmas Eve 1:15 p.m.

"I got it!" I yell walking towards the door as I brush my wet, blonde hair to answer it. I unlock the door and swing it open to reveal my best friend. 

"Zoe!" I exclaim pulling her into a tight hug.

"Yeah, yeah, I missed you too," She says walking passed me through the door, "But that's not the reason I'm here."

"I don't understand, what do you—"

"What do I mean?" Zoe snaps, laughing dryly, "You do realize you left without telling me right? Left without telling me about any of this, about Calum? Do you even realize how that made me feel?" She stares at me waiting for an answer.

"Hey, whose at the door?—Oh," Calum comes out behind me, a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Cal, it's not really the best time—"

"Oh, great. You're a shower slut now," She spats, motioning to his barely covered body.

"What the hell?" I furrow my eyebrows, "That's what you think I am now?"

"Zoe, I swear we didn't--" Calum tries to intervene but I stop him.

"Calum, this isn't important just go get dressed--"

"How is this not important? You left without saying anything, to any of us! Me, your friends, your mom." I gasp, stepping back into Calum's body abruptly.

"You know why I didn't tell her," I say quietly, tears forming in my eyes, "You know why I didn't tell anyone! Because I know, that it wouldn't have mattered if I went or stayed! No one would've fucking noticed!" Calum grabs my hand giving it a squeeze.

"I would've noticed, Skyler!" Zoe steps closer as she raises her voice, "You're my best friend, of course I would've fucking noticed!"

"Okay, I think you should leave," Calum says sternly trying to lead Zoe towards the door, but she shrugs him off and steps around him.

"Don't you think I should've known? It shouldn't be this hard to tell me the truth, Sky," She says softly, suddenly relaxing.

"I'm sorry," I choke, "I just couldn't change the fact that--" Zoe wraps her arms around me, whispering,

"Oh, hon. I understand, I'm sorry."

"You do?" I wipe my eyes, pulling away.

"Yes," She nods, "It was just hard not seeing your face everyday." I smile, pulling her into another hug.

"I've missed you too," I say into her shoulder. 

"Are you doing anything tonight?" I ask.

"Um, no actually, why?"

"Party with us tonight?" I ask nudging her shoulder, "Starts at 8." I smile walking her towards the door.

"Alright, I'll see you then," She laughs turning down the path way.

"Oh yeah, and Luke will be here too!" Calum and I add in unison as we stand in the doorway.

"Wait! What?"