14

Skyler's POV

Touring these past couple months with the guys has been amazing. Every stop was a new city and a new experience, and I'm glad Calum brought me along to enjoy it with him. It's the middle of October, and the skies are overcast as Calum and I walk hand and hand around the arena they're playing at tonight. This one is a little smaller than the last one, but it's a lot nicer (and cleaner if I may add).

"I love this weather," I sigh hugging Calum's arm.

"Same, I wish it was like this a lot more back home," He agrees, kissing the top of my head. I stop walking, letting go of his hand, and look at the ground. He turns around to see that I took a seat on the stage, looking out at the soon to be filled seats.

"Hey, are you okay?" Calum asks jumping up on stage next to me. I shake my head and bury my face into his chest, "Skyler, babe, what's wrong?" He gently turns my head so that I'm looking at him.

"I don't have a home to go to after this Calum," I mutter in realization.

"What?" 

"You heard my mom, Cal! What the hell does that leave me with?" I raise my voice, "Nothing." 

"But I thought you already knew?"

"Knew what?" I look at him confused.

"That I am your home." I stare at him, "No matter when or where ever we are, I'll always be here for you, Sky. You're stuck with me," I lean in kissing him, and he gently cups my face with one hand.

"That's why you dedicated the song to me isn't it?" I say after pulling away, finally fitting the pieces together, "When we first got back together?"

"I'm glad you're finally figuring it out!" He says smiling, "But you're wrong about dedicating it to you."

"What?" I say shocked, "Who else would you be singing it to? Because I'm pretty damn sure I was the only person you haven't seen in 4 years that night." He laughs and shakes his head,

"You're cute when you get mad," He says poking my cheek.

"I'm serious, Calum." I pout looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Somewhere inside of you, you must be thinking, 'Why is Beside You my favorite song?' Am I correct?"

"That may have passed my mind. Your point?"

"Well then, I'm here to tell you that not only did I dedicate that song to you that night, but I wrote it for you, Skyler." He looks at me with loving eyes, "I wrote it right after I left you Sky, because I hated being away from you. And I know it's your favorite song because you connect with it so much." 

"Calum, I--"

"Hey lovebirds!" Ashton yells from behind us, "Sorry to interrupt but we have to start unloading." I sigh, disappointed that I didn't get a chance to say what I wanted to as Calum gets up, holding a hand out for me to help me up.

"Hey can you do me a favor?" Calum asks.

"Yeah, what do you need?" I ask as he hands me his signature red x bass.

"Can you tune my bass?"

"Yeah of course," I say and peck him on the lips, "I'll see you later okay?"

"Can't wait!" He says before turning around and running backstage. I take my place back on the edge of the stage, and tuck one leg under me and resting the bass on top of my lap and begin to strum the strings, and tightening the screws. Then going back to strum a few chords again and repeating.

"Hey Calum, where do you want me to put this for Sky— Oh shit, you're not Calum," Micael curses. I laugh. "It just sounded like him because of --" He motions to the bass in my hands,

"It's fine, but what are putting down for me?" I ask curiously. Noticing his hands behind his back.

"Nothing..." Michael says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Michael." I glare.

"Skyler."

"Tell me!" I whine.

"Trust me Skyler, if I could I would tell you, but then I would ruin it. But just trust me, you're going to like this." And that's all he says before disappearing to who knows where.

"That bastard," I mumble continuing to tune Calum's bass. What the hell are they up to

Calum's POV

"I screwed up." Michael blurts out, bursting into the dressing room out of breath.

"What do you mean?" Ashton and I say in unison.

"Okay, Calum, don't hurt me," He says backing up with his hands out in front of him for defense, "But I may have slipped the surprise to Skyler. Please don't hurt me!" He winces blocking his face.

"WHAT?" The three of us stand up at once.

"What do you mean by 'slipped'?" I ask glaring at him. We worked so hard on this for her, and to think that she may have found out after all this time ticks me off.

"Okay, I walked on stage thinking it was you playing the bass to ask where you wanted me to put this," He holds out the box, "But once I saw Skyler, I knew I fucked up." I took the box from him and set it on the table.

"And that's it?" I ask

"Yes thats all I said, but when she asked what I was up to I said that I would tell her but it would ruin  it-"

"Michael, you idiot, now she's going to on to us!" Ash yells.

"I know, I know, I know. But please, that's all I said she's still going to be really surprised though." 

"Okay," I sigh.

"Yeah, we'll be fine mate." Ashton says patting me on the shoulder when I sit down, "By the way, when is this going down?"

"After She's Kinda Hot," I tell them, one of her favorite songs off the new album.  Everyone nods in agreement, when all of the sudden Luke starts to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"I just can't believe that Skyler forgot about her own birthday!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Double update!