Chapter 13: I Don't Care

After standing there for a few minutes, Joey nodded and walked back to his car.

A single tear went down Meghan's cheek as he drove away.

Meghan and Joey both tried to make it awkward when they were hanging out, but it was so complicated.

Joey couldn't think anymore. His head hurt. He hadn't slept in days. He couldn't be with the girl he loved.

Joey stepped outside for a few minuted. He needed to clear his head.

A few minutes later the door opened. Joey turned around and Meghan closed the door as she stepped outside.

"Joey," she sighed.

Joey looked down.

"I don't want things to be weird between us," Meghan said.

"Me neither."

"Then why are we making it awkward."

Joey shrugged.

"I care about you Joey. I do. You know that. I just can't right now."

Joey nodded.

Meghan didn't know what to say. Joey was being so quiet.

"Okay," Meghan said softly.

Meghan gave Joey a small kiss on the cheek as she got up.

Joey tried not to smile to much, but that made him happy. Happier than he had been all week. And to be like that is all he wanted.

Meghan was almost about to open the door to go back inside, when Joey decided to speak up for the first time.

"You know, you said you 'just can't right now' what does that mean?" Joey looked at Meghan.

"I don't- I j...," Meghan tried to reply.

Meghan was at a loss for words.

Joey stepped closer to the her.

Meghan looked down and looked back up into Joey's eyes.

"Joey, the best way I can explain it is.. Its hard to love someone else, or let them love you, when you can't even love yourself," Meghan said.

"Whats not to love?" Joey whispered.

Meghan tried to smile, but Joey could see it was fake.

"I don't care if you hate your teeth, or the way your voice sounds. I don't care if you hate your hair. I don't care if you hate your smile and your laugh. I will love you and take care if you. I will kiss you and tell you that you are pretty. I will love you until you love yourself. And I don't care if that takes forever," Joey said as he moved towards Meghan.

Tears rolled down Meghan's cheeks and she smiled.

"Theres that smile."

Meghan hugged Joey.

"I love you too," she whispered.

______________________________

How cute was this chapter? So much Moey <333

Note::: The long "I will love you until..." speech Joey said to Meghan was inspired by a poem I found on tumblr.