Chapter 5

The clock ticked as it finally reached 3:00. The work day was over. Justin slid his key card as he clocked out, finishing his shift. He slung his his leather jacket over his shoulder, meeting up with Alecia and JD. The men both put their arms around Alecia.

"Get off." She grumbled as they laughed.

"So I was thinking, how about all 3 of us go out for drinks and celebrate, pretty boy here surviving his first week of hell." JD said, patting Justin on the back as he smiled.

"Yeah that sounds fine. How about 7?" Justin asked, looking at the both of them.

"Fine by me." Alecia said as she walked out the door.

Justin smiled. "Alright so 7 it is then. I'm guessing I'll meet you guys at the bar?" He questioned as he put his jacket on, walking out with JD.

JD nodded. "Yep see you at 7, JB."

Justin chuckled as he continued to walk to his car, a silver Jeep Wrangler. On the drive home, he couldn't stop thinking about one person in particular. Mercedes. He can never get her off his mind. She's so intriguing, he thought to himself.

Justin drove through the the inner city of Baltimore. Baltimore wasn't the nicest of cities but it was a good place for him to start the new chapter life. He had found a apartment in a nice area, less crime ridden.

As he reached his home, he unlocked the door and was immediately welcomed by his Rottweiler, Joker. "Hey buddy!" Justin said as Joker jumped on him, welcoming him home. "You didn't tear up the place while I was gone did you?" He chuckled and set his keys on the counter.

Justin jogged upstairs going into his room to look for some clothes to wear tonight. Looking though his closet, he flicked through each item of clothing. "No. No. No. God no. Hell no. Fuck no." He mumbled, wondering why he bought half of the clothes he owned. He rolled his eyes and picked out a simple blue long sleeve shirt and a pair of khakis with Italian loafers. "Perfect." He said, admiring himself in the mirror.

~~~~
Justin waited outside of the bar. It was in downtown Baltimore near the harbor. It was known for having a hidden lounge in the back room. No wonder JD picked this bar. Justin grinned and shook his head. He saw Alecia's yellow Volkswagen Beetle park next to his jeep. "Yo, Leesh! How's my favorite girl?" He smirked and opened his arms wide for a hug.

Alecia rolled her eyes and gave a small smile. "Hey, Justin. Damn, you look a lot different than when you're in uniform." She said, checking him out.

He gave her a smirk. "I always knew you had a thing for me."

Her cheeks turned pink. "Shut up. Where's JD?" She asked, checking her watch. Justin looked at his phone. "He should be here any minute." He said as JD parked his motorcycle across from his friends' cars. "About time you showed up!" Justin shouted as JD walked over to them.

"I couldn't figure out what to wear." JD said, honestly.

Alecia rolled her eyes. "You sound like a girl."

JD looked at her and put his hand on his hip. "Well like duh, I had to find like the right outfit." He said in a high pitched voice, mocking a teenage girl.

Justin laughed. "Alright you two, let's head inside. Tonight's gonna be wild." He said as the three of them entered the bar.

Booths scattered all around as the lights were dimmed. The bar at the front of the liquor counter was a deep red colored wood. The trio decided to sit at the counter. "What can I get you three?" The bartender asked. He looked to be in his early 20s, with slicked back hair and tattoos covering his arms.