♢ Chapter Nine ♢

Start from the beginning

" What were you thinking? You're gripping on my hands quite tightly.. " I hurriedly loosened my grip, pushing his hands away. Why do I feel hurt for him when I clearly feel disappointed?

[ Third Person ]

Sebastian observed the child, Ciel seemed to have realised something.

" Young Mast- "

" Quiet! " The child definitely didn't seem a least bit pleased at all. Sebastian fell silent as he knitted his eyebrows in worry. Sebastian lowered his head. He truly believed that he has done nothing but upset the boy once again.

" Leave. Don't bother me. " The butler closed his eyes for a mere moment and let out a sigh. He stood up and fixed his attire.

" As you wish. " As formal as he used to be before, Sebastian excused himself and proceeded to leave the room.

***

Sebastian returned to his daily duties with a heavy heart. But even so, he managed to be on task and completed his duties.

Although the duo barely spoke to each other after the incident, both of them were worried sick about each other.

As a stubborn child like Ciel, he refused to strike a conversation or pay any extra attention to Sebastian when Sebastian was looking at him.

He knew Sebastian would be worried, but besides being stubborn, somewhere deep down in the child's heart, he wanted Sebastian to show him a little more concern.

Just like that, another day passed, without anything out of the ordinary going on.

***

[ Ciel's POV ]

Stupid butler, how long is he planning to keep quiet about his thoughts? Besides answering me as usual, all this while I swear I could feel his gaze searing a hole through me whenever he stayed quiet. He could've just said something instead of keeping quiet..

I sat on my bed and crossed my arms. Is he really going to keep this up and just stay quiet until I let him speak his mind again?

" Come in. " I answered, as soon as I heard a knock on the door. I looked away from Sebastian as he walked by my bed.

" Young Master, are you still sulking? " Finally, he spoke without needing me to ask him any questions. It's about time he started talking anyways, I know he wouldn't be able to stand for long, even though he's a capable demon.

" Who's sulking? " I retorted, yet I still refused to look at him. How childish can I get? But I wouldn't give in to him just like that, then that would be letting him off too easily!

" Young Master, are you still upset with me? " I felt Sebastian inch closer as his gloved hands made their way up to uncross my arms.

" Says who? " I still refused to look at Sebastian. Sebastian knelt on one knee by my bed and brought my hands up to his lips. As usual, I could feel my face heat up and flush. I hate that it's inevitable...

" I apologise sincerely, won't you forgive me for upsetting you, my love? " My eyes widened as the words escaped his lips. Just how embarassing can he get!

Still being as stubborn as I can be, I said and did nothing.

" Tell me, what must I do so that you'll forgive me? " He sat himself on the bed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me gently to his chest. He hummed against my hair and swayed lightly.

" My love, won't you please tell me what's wrong? " I flushed at his words. Is this his way to coax me into forgiving him? He's like a dejected dog now, isn't he?

" Shall I show you a magic trick? " Puzzled, I pulled away from his embrace and looked at him weirdly.

" I'm not a 3 year old! There's no such thing as magic.. " I retorted, rolling my eyes at Sebastian. Does he really think that a mere magic trick will work on me? Since when did he become so naive?

" Watch, " Sebastian proceeded to look as though he was taking something by his arm. There was nothing he was grabbing at, as what I was witnessing.

Sebastian then snapped his fingers and in an instant, a beautiful black feather appeared in his hands. Surely, he's not expecting me to be amazed or fascinated by such an illusion..?

" It's for you. " Sebastian passed me the feather, a warm smile spread across his lips. I retrieved the feather and observed it. I'm pretty sure that Sebastian wouldn't gift me a normal feather..

" ..Is this a feather from your wings? " I questioned, after a few moments. The feather was pitch black, the hairs smooth to the touch, just like his hair.. Seems like ravens do like to tidy themselves..

" It symbolises my promise to you that I will never hurt you. " I blinked lightly at the demon. I never knew he had such a side. So calm, so gentle..

" It's.. beautiful.. " I complimented. I held the feather gently and gazed at it. I broke out in a small smile, running my fingers lightly against the hairs of the feather.

" I'm glad you like it. " I looked at Sebastian and relief was written all over his face. He really has been brooding about the matter all this while, hasn't he?

I let out a small sigh as I proceeded to give a light kiss on his cheek. I looked away from Sebastian immediately. To do such a thing by my own will, it's really embarassing..

" My love.. I can never get enough of your affection. It would be wonderful to keep you up with me for the night, but you need to get some rest.. " Sebastian got up from the bed and tucked me into bed properly, his gloved hand brushing away the stray strands of hair over my face. He then placed a kiss on my forehead, seeming satisfied.

" Good Night, my love. Have a good rest. " Sebastian gently stroked my head, before making his way out of the room. I looked at the feather still in my hand, I would love to keep it close to me while I sleep.

But I wouldn't want to damage it either.. I placed the feather on the nightstand by my bed, right by all my usual accessories.

A promise that he'll never hurt me, huh?

[ Sebastian's POV ]

As I closed the door, I headed back to my own room. It is certainly delightful that my Young Master is feeling much better after a little coaxing..

He's so irresistible, I wouldn't be able to hold myself back if I were to stay in his room and look at him for another moment.

With that feather he now holds on to, not only will I keep to my promise, but it is also a symbol that he is mine, that he belongs to me.

Now no other demons will be able to snatch him from me..

***

A/N: Alright!! That will be it for Chapter Nine! What a pity, this story will end in a few more chapters.. Maybe not. I'm pretty unsure how to gauge it. But it will end soon!

Even though this story may end soon, I really had a ton of fun writing this for all of you readers!! I'm so very very thankful for the support and I do look forward to my next work!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

- Aoi ♡

Toodles!