♢ Chapter Nine ♢

Start from the beginning

" Young Master, in my realm, there is nothing weird about two males being together. Though, yes, it is considered weird in the human world. " I answered and the child looked at me, seeming in doubt.

" In my realm, we do not define love in terms of gender or age. We are allowed to be with anybody we want to. " I continued, not convincing the boy much. He's smart enough to figure that logic why..

" Is it because demons have eternal life and it would be alright even if they don't reproduce? Is that why it's more carefree over there? " I nodded my head in agreement. He's smart and quick, with just a sentence or two, he already understands part of the logic why. He'll understand the rest eventually.

" That's right. Humans are not immortals like us, Without reproduction, everyone would die of old age if not illnesses, wouldn't they? That's one reason why liking someone of the same gender is not deemed normal in this world. "

" ..And the other would be because it's downright disgusting. " The child lowered his gaze once again and bit on his lip. Matured would be the word to define this boy but in the end, all he is, really is just a child. Right?

" Do you want to know more about my family? " I switched the topic, in hopes to get him distracted from his own thoughts.

He still refused to bring his gaze back up but he nodded silently, fiddling with my gloved hands. He enjoys all these little physical contact just as much as I do..

" I have 8 other siblings. I'm the oldest. " I started, hoping to intrigue him into the new topic.

" You're really old, then. " He teased, trying not to break out in a smile.

" Indeed, I am old. Can I conclude that you prefer older men than younger ones? " I teased back and in return, I was given a punch to my chest.

" What about your parents? " Although he was clearly annoyed by my words, he was still curious to know more about me.

" My father is the Satan himself. My mother was stabbed by the Lævateinn and had died many many years ago. " I zoned out for a bit as I spoke of my late mother. She had been a wonderful mother and I loved her to bits..

I was only brought back to my senses when I felt the gentle caressing and the light squeezes on my hands. I looked at the boy and he had a melancholic look on his face. I suffer almost the same fate as this child did, just not quite.

" Do not make such a face, My Lord. I am not worthy of you making such a face like that at me. " How could I allow him to pity me like this? He should be worrying more about himself rather than me..

Although I may be a noble prince in my own realm, similar to a noble like him.. In this world, the human rules me until the contract ends.

[ Ciel's POV ] [ Meanwhile ]

Staring at his face, I was positive he was just as upset as I was.

I couldn't understand one thing, why would he not be worthy if we are lovers? Aren't, lovers equal? Or does he believe us being the roles of a master and a butler win over the idea of lovers?

Or is it a starving demon and his long-awaited meal?

Perhaps it's just me and my own wishful thinking. What am I doing? Falling in love with a demon and having that stupid, mere belief that he shares the same feelings too. Ciel Phantomhive, are you out of your mind? This demon is capable of anything! He may just ea-

" Young Master! " I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Sebastian calling me. I only then realised how hard I was breathing, in a mixture of anger and disappointment.