Chapter 4

I walked over to Nathan, who was playing with Max and sighed. I know I lied to Annie about being with my sister, but I wasn't just going to make Nathan leave because she wanted to have coffee with me. " Hey, have you checked your phone for any details on the two murders that happened last night?" I asked Nathan, while standing next to him. He threw the ball and turned to look at me. " I haven't checked my phone since this morning." he said while turning to face me. " Oh. I haven't got anything either since this morning when I checked my messages." I said sighing. He chuckled and walked to the house. I called for Max to come back inside and followed Nathan. " So, has your girlfriend texted you at all since this morning?" I asked sitting down next to him on the couch. He was looking at his phone and then looked up at me. " No messages from her. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing." He sighed and put his phone on the coffee table. " Do you want to watch something on tv or something?" I asked grabbing the remote from the coffee table and turned it on. " Yeah, we can watch something. It'll take my mind off of my girlfriend for awhile."

I woke up to noises in the kitchen and I got up off the couch and walked to the kitchen. I was about to yell at the person in the kitchen when I realized it was just Nathan in the kitchen with Max laying by his food bowl. " Hey buddy you ate all of your food from this morning." I said while get the dog food and putting it in his bowl. I leaned against the counter watching Nathan make food. I wasn't trying to be like a creep, but I was hungry so I'll wait until he's done to steal some of his food. Well the food that he cooked that I bought. I checked my phone and saw that I had text from Danielle. It wasn't an important text, so I put my phone back in my pocket.

" Geez Dante you scared the shit out of me" Nathan exclaimed while putting the food he made on the counter. " I'm not that scary." I said looking at the food that he just put on the counter. " Your not scary. You just caught me off guard. And I see you looking at the food I cooked, go make your own." He said taking the food off the counter and taking it to the dining room. I sighed and got a bowl and cereal. After getting my bowl of cereal, I went into the living room instead of the dining room. About 20 minutes later, Nathan comes in with his plate and set it on the coffee table before he sits down next to me on the couch. " My girlfriend texted me.." He said quietly. I stopped eating and looked at him. I watched him as he took a deep breath. " She said that she doesn't care that I'm gay. Her dad is expecting us to get married and have a family" he said quietly. I sighed and closed my eyes. Damn even though he told her he was gay, they can't get split up? " Maybe she's making it up. I hardly doubt that her father thought she was going to marry a guy that they barely know." I said trying to help him. There's nothing I can really do to help him. I heard him sniffle and then looked up at me. " Probably. But I don't want her to tell my parents. What if she went to my parents house last night?" He said frantically. " I have to go see if she told them. I'll text you what happens later okay?" He asks while getting up and wiping his face to get rid of the tears. I just stayed where I was and I nodded my head. I heard the front door shut and the silence is all that was left in my house. So great for helping him out right? But it's personal for him and we're just friends, not boyfriends. I picked up the dishes from the living room and brought them to the kitchen. I heard my phone go off just as I was done washing the dishes.

'Hey Nathan. I just wanted to tell you that I found a job.' I replied to Annie asking where she got her job and when the next text came through I put the phone on the counter.
'I'm working at the police department. My friend knows people there.' Well that's fucking great.
* * * * * * * *
I know it's short and I haven't updated in awhile, but I had a little writers block and I was enjoying my last weeks of summer before I go back on the 7th. I will have a more permanent schedule for this book after I get settled in with school. As always vote because it's telling me if you like the story and comment ^*^ ~ Ivie