The Angel of Hell's Kitchen

Dani's POV
(Nightwing27th)

"But I am the one you have found." I recognized the voice from the docks, when Stick enlisted our help killing that boy. He dropped down from somewhere above, just passed the doorway. He took a few steps closer, dressed in complete red ninja attire. I sighed. Great. Somehow, I don't see this ending well. "Nobu," I said.

"The Angel and the Devil," he said. "You two were at the docks...with the old fool." That I agree on. Stick is very much an old fool. "That was unexpected."

"We're not part of his war," the Mask said.

"Yet you aided him. And in the act, caused me displeasure."

"Glad we could help," I said. "I take it those plans are yours." He walked a little closer, now starting to circle us. "Looks like you wanted a certain tenement building. You strike a deal with Fisk? Kill us and it's yours?"

"Apparently you are not just here for your looks. But you did not know I was here."

"No," the Mask said. "You slowed your heart rate, lowered your body temperature."

"The old fool has taught you in our ways," Nobu said, mad at the thought.

"I told you I'm not with him."

"Yet you're still a warrior...deserving of a warriors death."

"We came here for Fisk," I said.

"Guess you'll have to do." The Mask pulled the two sticks, that Stick had given him, out of his leg holster, placing one in each hand. My grip on my string tightened. "I think I should warn you," I said. "The last ninja I fought is dead."

"I show you respect," Nobu said. "You would be wise to return the courtesy." His words angered me more than I thought they would. While it's true that the last ninja I fought is dead...that was a battle I barely made it out of. I closed my eyes, trying to control my breathing. If I remember everything S.H.I.E.L.D. taught me, I just might make it out of here alive. I reopened my eyes, staring straight at Nobu. I mustered up as much confidence as I could and said, "Why don't you make me."

Nobu instantly became enraged. He started flinging darts at us. I smacked a couple out of the air with my bow, while the Mask got the rest, quickly advancing on Nobu. I recovered my arrow and put it back into place in my bow. The two men quickly began a fist fight. Within a few seconds, the Mask was on the ground. I rapidly launched arrow after arrow at Nobu. He spun around, quickly deflecting them. Maybe my bow shouldn't be my weapon of choice for this one.

The Mask stood back up, confronting Nobu again. I sighed in indecision. I folded away my bow, sliding it into its holster as I ran up behind Nobu. I slipped out two of my knives, firmly gripping them in my hands. Nobu punched the Mask as he was coming out of one of his flips. Blood flew out of his mouth as he was tossed across the room. Nobu spun, swinging his leg at me. I bent back, letting his leg fly over me.

I quickly straightened, looking for his next move. He swung his fist at me. I twisted, my back now facing Nobu. I drove my right knife into the inside of his forearm. I jumped, back flipping over the top of him, dragging his arm with me. He spun to the left, kicking me in the stomach as his shoulder popped out of its socket. I flew back and slammed into the concrete floor, taking the knife with me. The Mask was standing now, and running at Nobu. I quickly got to me feet, not wanting to give him a chance to recover.

The Mask swung at an incredible speed, Nobu keeping up. He deflected each swing perfectly. The Mask got down and swung his leg across the ground, trying to trip him. Nobu jumped just out of his reach. I ran up behind him and jumped, planting both feet in Nobu's back. I pushed off of him, back flipping and then landing. Nobu slammed into the ground. He spun, quickly countering the Mask's advance. That didn't even seem to faze him. Nobu spun and kicked the Mask, sending him flying into a wall.