Private Investigator

Alison's POV
(bellamysgirl)

Mr. Murdock sighed, standing to my left. "When did she say she'd be here?" he asked, sounding a mixture of impatience and annoyance. I was starting to get there myself. This 'person that could help' was supposedly coming to the office, but it's been a while since Mr. Nelson called, and both Mr. Murdock and I doubted her arrival. Of course, Mr. Nelson was like an ad for breakfast cereal.

"I don't know what to say, she's usual quite punctual," Mr. Nelson said, standing across the main room from me. "She'll be here. Just wait." Suddenly a tall, dark haired woman that looked to be around my age walked through the door to the office. "There she is!" Mr. Nelson beamed, overly excited. "Where have you been?"

"Sorry, Foggy. I was working a case," the woman replied, with an easy smile. They hugged briefly, and then he jumped into introductions, not wasting a second. A case? Hm. "Guys, this is Danielle Dylan," he said, as she held out her hand for me to shake.

"Everyone just calls me Dani," she smiled politely.

"Alison Fletcher," I smiled back lightly, shaking her hand. "Alison is fine." She shook hands with Karen, and they shared a brief nice to meet you. Then Mr. Nelson gave Dani's shoulder a shove and she gave him a 'what for?' look. "This is my good friend, Matt," Mr. Nelson said, making a gesture toward Mr. Murdock, who seemed to stay quiet through the whole introduction.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Dylan," Mr. Murdock said. "Foggy tells me you're a Private Investigator?"

"Yes. Investigating shady people is my number one specialty," she nodded, crossing her arms loosely.

"Our client, Miss Fletcher, has an ex boyfriend that's been following her," Mr. Nelson explained, moving to stand beside her. "I was thinking maybe you could at least help us get enough ground for a restraining order? To start with, anyway."

She nodded, thinking. "Okay. Who's the boyfriend?"

"Steve Dawson," I answered.

"Why don't we move into the conference room?" Mr. Nelson suggested, turning halfway, gesturing to a room behind him. Dani was the first one heading into the room, followed by Karen. Mr. Nelson followed after them and I glanced at Mr. Murdock. "After you, Miss Fletcher," he smiled lightly. I smiled back, though I knew he couldn't see it, and hurried after the others into the room. Mr. Nelson and Mr. Murdock sat on the back side of the table mid-room.

Dani and Karen sat closest to the door, near the end. I sat in the last available seat—mid-table opposite Mr. Nelson—and angled myself toward the others. "When has your ex been following you?" Dani asked, the start of what I'm sure would be a barrage of questions. "Is it a constant occurrence, or only during specific times of day?"

She held a pad of paper and a pen, the pen poised to write at a moment's notice. "It's constant. I'm not one-hundred percent sure it's him, though. It's more I know I'm being watched and he's the only one I know is crazy enough to stalk someone," I explained.

"Okay..." she scribbled on the pad, then looked back up at me, bouncing her dark waves off her shoulder. "Why would he be following you?" I inwardly cringed. How many times would I have to retell this? As many as it took. I took in a breath. "He wants my son," I put it simply, as to not go incredibly into triggering details.

"He's the father?" she assumed, fishing.

"Yes." She nodded and she wrote some more on the paper, then she tore off the page and slid the pad across the table toward me, rolling the pen along with it. "I need you to write down your daily routine. Places you visit often, what kind of car you drive, where you live, all the times you can think of that he's followed you," she listed, her tone serious, professional. I nodded my head a little, pulling the paper in front of me, taking the pen in my hand. "Where do you work?"