Condemned

Dani's POV
(Nightwing27th)

I ran as fast as I could and jumped. Just barely clearing the eight foot gap between buildings. I rolled as soon as my feet hit the roof, then got to my feet and kept running. Thanks to trying to keep up with the Mask, I've gotten a lot better at that. About ten minutes ago, four explosions rocked Hell's Kitchen.

Unfortunately, the Mask got himself wrapped up in whatever's going on. So far, there's no sign of him. But there are too many cops roaming the streets. The odds of them finding him first are much greater. I picked up the pace, ten feet from the edge. I jumped, cleared it, rolled and then continued running. I was half way across the roof when I heard a gunshot.

It sounded like it came from up a head. I slowed the closer I got to the edge, as police lights started to come into view. I walked the last foot, and then peaked over the ledge of the roof. Two cop cars sat in the alley. All the cops on the ground accept one. He was standing and speaking into his radio. "Shots fired! Two suspects on foot!"

I went on alert at his words. That could be him. But if it is the Mask, then what is this whole thing about? Who knows if he's even still alive? The whole town just got blown up, so why am I looking for a vigilante? I should be trying to help people. I sigh at myself for feeling so conflicted. I debated for a second as I crouched down. He'd do the same thing for me, right? But why should that matter? Mask or no mask, he's still a human who needs saving.

I nod to myself and then look for the closest roof top. Save the Mask, then the city. Priority is everything. Problem is, there isn't a roof within jumping distance. I hang around the roof a minute later, waiting for the cop to leave. But he never did. I sigh in annoyance. I'm not as light on my feet as some other vigilantes. But I can't wait any longer. I walk to the edge farthest away from the cop and look over it.

This will have to do. I climb onto the ledge, swinging my legs over. I grab hold of the old gutter and then start to shimmy down it. I forced most of my weight into the building so the gutter wouldn't break on my. I made it to the bottom without dying. I exhaled, glad that was over. I walked around the building and then peered around the corner. The cop passed in front of his cruiser.

I can't get caught. Then see me, it's over. I wait 'til he's not looking and then run in the opposite direction. I ran around one of the warehouses that exploded and into an alley. I walked to the end and then turned right. I have no idea where I'm going. I've gotten lost going back to my apartment, how am I supposed to find him in this disaster.

I walked around another corner...and into a cop.

Alison's POV
(bellamysgirl)

I just finished adding up the repair costs for the second floor of the building I purchased when my cell phone suddenly started buzzing on the coffee table beside my papers. I glanced at it. Urich's icon and number occupied the screen. It seemed odd for him to be calling me so late. Maybe it was an emergency? Just in case, I quickly picked up the phone and answered, "Hello?"

"Alison, where are you?"

I raised an eyebrow. "My apartment. Ben, is everything alright?"

"Have you seen the news? Hell's Kitchen literally just exploded. There are at least four bombing locations-" The rest of his words tuned out for a moment as my eyes widened. Four locations. Matt came by earlier with a cell phone, and in it were four locations all controlled by the Russians. Oh no. "...wanted to get a hold of you and make sure you were safe." I only caught he last bit of what he'd said, but I tried to act like I heard everything.

"Thanks, we're okay here. Do the police know who planted the bombs?" I asked, worried.

"Not that I know of. But every location was owned by the Russian mob. I know this ties into it, I just haven't figured out how yet," he answered, sounding like he was in thought as he did. "I'm driving there now. I'll call you when I have more information, okay?"