Day 1: Daisy

🌿🌻🌿

Tyler woke up for school like he did every morning on the weekdays and let out a groan as he stretched his aching muscles.

He didn't want to go to school. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever; and it's only the second month of school.

He just wanted to lay in his bed and snuggle into his pillows all day.

"Tyler, get up! You're going to be late," momma Joseph yells as she slings Tyler's door open and glares at the boy.

"Can I just stay home today?" Tyler whines as he pouts up at his mother.

Momma Joseph rolls her eyes at the lazy boy and huffs in annoyance, "Tyler Robert Joseph, I mean it."

Tyler mutters under his breath as he throws his sheets from his body and instantly shivers from the cold air that consumes him.

"I swear I'm going to commit," Tyler mutters as he walks to his bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth.

After showering he dries off completely, because he hates when his clothes cling to him.

After settling on black skinny jeans and a pastel pink shirt he walks to his bedside table and looks through his array of flower crowns. They arrange from various sizes and colors, but today Tyler decides to wear his pastel pink flower crown.

He places it neatly onto his fluffy brown hair then smiles at himself in his mirror as he grabs his flower print book bag and walks downstairs.

Once he walks into school he hurriedly makes his way towards his locker, but nearly runs face first into Josh.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going, and I'm just really sorry," Tyler says panicked as he looks at Josh wide eyed.

"It's okay, dude. No worries," Josh says as he gives Tyler a reassuring smile and Matty snickers along with Pete and Brendon.

Tyler feels his face heat up as he looks down to the floor, "sorry."

Before Josh could respond Tyler started power walking to his locker because he only had three minutes before the tardy bell rings.

He rushes to his locker only to see a daisy taped to the front of it. He knits his eyebrows in confusion as he gently un-tapes the flower from his locker.

He stares at it for a couple seconds before he realizes he's going to be late to class and get a detention if he didn't hurry up.

He hurriedly puts in his combination and grabs his things before carefully placing the fragile plant into his locker. Right before he shuts his locker he sees a white envelope.

To Tyler

Tyler hurriedly grabs the envelope and slams his locker shut before running to class. Just as he walks through the door panting heavily from running, the bell rings.

He turns his face to the floor as he avoids the stares of his peers and walks to his seat near the back.

Tyler fails to notice Josh watching him with a smile as Brendon, Pete, and Matty poke at his sides.

Josh didn't care that his friends were poking fun at him, all he did care about was the bright smile adorning his little flower boy's face.

🌿🌻🌿

Later that day Tyler rushes home with the envelope and flower in hand and the biggest smile you've ever seen.

Someone got him a flower.

When he walks down his street he hurries to his driveway, trough his door, and up the stairs to his bedroom.

He carefully opens the envelope as he pulls out a piece of notebook paper and unfolds it:

Dear flower boy,

Your beauty is captivating, and you're so innocent and pure; like the daisy. I heard you say you like flowers one time, and I remember the way you smiled when I heard you. Your smile is beautiful, and I love seeing it appear on your cute little face.

Sincerely,
the boy who admires the pretty flower boy with beautiful eyes.

Tyler was smiling like a fool as he reread the note over and over. He can't believe he had a secret admirer.

Him.

Tyler Joseph, the boy with anxiety and wears flower crowns and stutters like a fool when spoken to.

They even heard him say he loved flowers and remembered. They called him pretty and beautiful.

Tyler lets out a happy sigh as he puts the daisy between his favorite book, 'All My Sons'  by Authur Miller and closes it to preserve the pretty flower.

Tyler was one happy flower boy.

🌿🌻🌿
A/N
I don't know how I feel about this yet. Hopefully it gets better.

-Becca🌸