twenty four

"Nyko, is that true?" I catch Octavia's gaze and watch the small amount of hope in her eyes disappear. 

He looks down at Lincoln's unconscious body before answering, "Yes. Death is the only way," 

I shake my head at his words and try my best to keep hopeful that Lincoln will make it out of this okay, "Wait, you don't know that. There could be a way to save him." Clarke nods with me in agreement.

"None that I've ever seen."

I turn quickly at the sound of someone climbing the ladder and soon Finn's head pops up, "
We've got to go the camp is leaving. We have to stop-"

I fall back slightly as Nyko rises to his feet and moves towards Finn angrily, "You! Ripa!"  I jump up as fast as my legs allow me as Nyko gets his hands around Finn's neck. 

Bellamy raises his gun again and aims at the grounder. "You slaughtered my people! Elders, children!"

"Stop!" I yell before gripping his shoulder and trying to remove his grip from Finn. "You're going to kill him!"

Octavia rushes over to help me, but Bellamy has another idea. He raises the gun even more and I watch as he readies himself to take action, "Get out of the way!"

"No, you're not shooting him! No!" Octavia stands her ground as I continues to attempt to pry his hands away. Suddenly everything stops as I hear a zapping noise and Nyko falls to the floor. 

I look over to see Clarke standing behind where he was once standing, holding the taser. I sigh deeply and can't help but think about how utterly bad ass that was. I give Finn a once over look to make sure he is okay. 

"Lincoln?" Octavia says quietly before racing over to his body on the floor. "He's not breathing!" 

Clarke falls onto the floor next to him before pressing her fingers against his neck. "His heart stopped, move." I watch as she moves over his body and starts to press against his chest, trying to restart his heart. 

The room is tense as we all wait for some type of result. At the sound of Lincoln gasping in a deep breathe I lean back and relax for a second.

 I see Nyko look between Lincoln and Clarke astonished, "He was dead. How did you do that?"

I see the wheels that are Clarke's thoughts start to work before she speaks, "You've tried bringing reapers back before and they died just like this?"

Nyko nods quietly still awed by Lincoln laying on the floor breathing. 

I don't catch onto the thoughtful look covering Clarke's face and I look to Bellamy to see him looking quite as confused before he asks my exact thoughts, "What is it?"

Clarke looks at us with wide eyes full of relization, "I know how to stop the attacks."