four

"May me meet again.." His voice is a whisper and the light breeze carries it to my ears. I watch his eyes as they meet mine and try to memorize their color. My hand slowly reaches out to touch his cheek. Before our skin can meet a large bang wakes me.

The heavy door slams open and my eyes immediately follow. My body jumps up, but I barley move because of the fact that I am still strapped down. I hear the sound of metal hitting metal and suddenly I see a woman with dark hair standing next to me. She lays something heavy down on the table next to me, giving me a tight smile.

I just stare at her and try to hide my anxiety. "Hello, my name is Dr. Tsing." Someone from behind me hands her a white apron and she ties it around her. My eyes roam around the room before falling onto to the table.

I notice a heavy duty looking drill sitting on the metal table next to other medical supplies. My nerves feel fried at the sudden burst of fear inside of me.

"Listen, you should know..you're incredibly special to us. We can't leave this mountain without the fear of dying from radiation. I fully believe that you are the answer to all of our problems," She reaches over a grabs a small needle and some tubing from the table. "I'm going to need to take some blood. It's a temporary fix and I could use more of it without having to force the 47."

She shakes her head before sticking my inner elbow with the sharp object. I don't even flinch when she attaches the tubing and my blood slowly starts to flow. She reaches over again, but this time she grabs the drill and I feel my pulse increase.

"Now if I'm correct, we need something stronger. Not your blood, but the source of it; your bone marrow." My eyes widen as she moves down to my legs with the drill in hand.

"W-what are you doing?!" I speak for the first time and my voice sounds nothing like my own.

"I'm not going to lie to you, this is going to be far from pleasant. You can scream as loud as you need to, down here no one can hear you." She refuses to answer my question, but I soon realize she doesn't need to. A scream rips up through my throat as I feel a white hot pain deep within my knee cap.