twenty

"After I jumped I found Clarke with Anya. You know what happened after that," I finish telling Bellamy about my adventures in Mount Weather and I try to ignore the furious look on his face. I lay my hand on his arm and try to make him see that there was nothing he could have done.

"What they did to you was all for some drug?" I freeze up slightly at the mention of this. I had tried to skim over that part of the past, but I should have known Bellamy wouldn't have let me off that easily. I nod answering his question, but not voicing anything about it.

"It wore off though, right? You're okay now and it's out of your life for good?" The syringe sitting in my left jacket pocket seemed to weigh fifty pounds heavier as my mind went to it. I know I should tell him about it and that I should get it as far away from me as possible, but the idea of having it was almost comforting.

Knowing Bell, he would take it and throw it into the forest as far as he could. Which I'm guessing is pretty far.

"Yeah," I turn and give him my most convincing smile and nod my head lightly. "It's gone forever."

He smiles back at me and I can tell that he believed me without a doubt, which only made me feel worse about the lie I just told him.

---

"I can't believe they let Finn come." Octavia says staring ahead at Finn as he walks amongst the group. I can understand why people must be wary of him, but in a way I feel for him.

He thought Clarke was taken by those Grounders, and even though that didn't excuse his choices, he also wasn't clear minded. I don't really feel like I'm in the right place to judge him.

"He's the best tracker we have," Bellamy sighs to Octavia before addressing the rest of the group. "Don't forget to look up. The Grounders use the trees. That's how we lost John Mbege."

As we continue to walk around the trees I can't help but think back to when things were so much different. When we first realized that we weren't the only people on Earth and when we first began to learn about the Grounders.

It's funny, or cynical really, to think that if both groups hadn't been hell bent on trying to one up and kill each other maybe things would have worked out. Maybe we wouldn't have had to bury our people.

I grimace when I bend my leg the wrong way and my knee burst with pain. I feel a hand land on my lower back and look next to me to see a concerned looking Bellamy. I smile gently and shake my head letting him know I'd survive.

I grab his hand as the both of us and Octavia start to fall back from the rest of the group. Sneaking away wasn't hard for a bunch of delinquents and being surrounded by people who didn't expect made it even easier.

The plan was for the three of us to get away and to find a way into Mount Weather. I was more the tour guide seeing I have been there before, but I honestly wasn't sure how much help I could give.

I grab Octavia's arm and all three of us quickly turn the opposite way the group was headed so we wouldn't be seen. We start to jog and I use all the my strength to keep me going until we are sure there was enough distance between us. I slow down and lean myself up against a tree, "Was it just me or was the incredibly easy?"

They both laugh lightly, but I know we all feel the slightest bit nervous that maybe someone had seen us.

We start walking towards the mountain again as Bellamy starts talking, "According to Clarke, before the bombs there were buildings everywhere here. I'm guessing some of them had access to the bunker. So, we're looking for ruins, anything that's man-made, okay?" Both me and Octavia nod as we continue to scout the woods for anything matching that description.

"Hey, Blake! Masterson!" I immediately stop walking and glare at the air in front of me. We all turn around to see three guards marching towards us.

My favorite.

"I guess I spoke to soon, huh?" I muttered as they got closer.

"Let's go, now." They stop in front of us and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"In case you've forgotten, we're not under your command." Bellamy says as what seems to be the leader of their little group steps up.

"Don't make us do this the hard way." He says shaking his head and I watch as the other two still carry the guns.

Bellamy gives him a short look of desperation, "Come on, Scott. Forty seven of our people are prisoners in this mountain."

"And if you think that they're gonna keep getting pie and comfy beds to sleep in at night, you don't know jack shit." I smile sweetly at this Scott guy, which leaves to question how Bellamy even remembers their names.

"That's why we're out here." Scott informs us, but we know why they are really out here, and it wasn't with the same goal in mind.

"Wrong. You're out here to find other stations of the Ark. We're out here to find our friends."

I bump Octavia's shoulder as I notice the thousands of bugs running from the direction ahead of us. I look forward, but don't see anything. She looks down and notices them as well shrugging confused.

I grab Bellamy's arm to get his attention, "Bell, look." He looks down and so do the guards.

"What are they doing?" Scot asks starring at the bugs almost disgusted.

Bellamy continues to watch them as he answers, "Running."

I look up again in the distance where they are running from and I feel my heart skip a beat at the sight in front of me. I slowly start to back up, "No, they're fleeing! Acid fog!"

"We need cover, now!" he yells and they start to remove the tents from their bags. I watch Octavia start to following the bugs and I rush after her. "What are you doing?!"

"O! Elena, get back here!"

I follow her and drop to the ground to help her move moss and grass out of the way. We both notice a hatch on the floor and we stop digging, "Bell! There's something over here!"

Maybe we won't die just yet.