Prologue

Alanis POV

"Alanis your Father wants you at his office immediately" Regina rushed her words to me .

Regina is my fathers assistant, so when she gets sent to call me to my father i know im in deep shit. Shes a typical assistant old men want around them, big boobs, pencil skirt blonde hair,blue eyes. Hell, even i would want her around me.

"Am I allowed to ask why?" She returned a sympathetic look to me urging me not to ask anymore questions

I sighed and turned my heel towards the glass doors. Knocking slowly, i peek my head through the gap.

" You wanted to see me?"

"Alanis come in " sternly and strictly he looked to me. Cringing i walked slowly, my shoulder held high as my father had told me to show no weakness wherever i was.

Looking at my Father he did not look angry at all. He looked quite pleased with himself . Silence consumed the atmosphere, so i took the time to take in his appearance. Usually my Father would look presentable. With his usual black full body suit he wore everyday, full thick black hair jelled backwards the full mafia look.But today he looked like a normal human being simply wearing a white Tshirt and dark jeans.

"Whats going on, why are you dressed like you do not have a reputation to uphold. You told me representation is key..?"

"Lani baby. I want to say how much of a beautiful girl you have become, your mama would be so proud. And yes you are right my dear.. Its good that you have actually been listening to me, but you see honey i do not have a reputation at this district side of the Company..." His italian accent stonger than ever at this point.

"Father what are you insinuating.. Just tell me there is no point prolonging this converstion" i sighed very frustrated because father tended to make me get what he is trying to say out of him instead of saying it directly.

" You do have a reputation at this company, it is yours." I explained through gritted teeth, i told him i wasn't ready for this yet.

He looked at me smiling, his face lighting up "As of today i made you the company owner, it it YOURS baby!" He stood up clapping his hands and shaking my shoulders.

This was doomsday for me.