Friends?

Once the bell rang, I walked with Dylan to my first period class, oceanography. I didn't really care for the class, but all the other classes were filled so I was stuck here. We sat at a table in the front, talking and waiting for class to start.

"Hey Stella? Mind if I sit here?"

Holy shit. I turned my head and saw Alayna standing beside me.

"Y-yeah sure, go ahead." I stuttered out. 'Fuck! Why can't I act like a normal decent human around her! Can I just for one day act badass and hot?'

"Thanks, there's nowhere else to sit."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't worry about it. I mean, I would much rather you sit here instead of beside Frank."

"Oh god no!" she said with a laugh. "That would have been a nightmare."

I smiled. 'I made her laugh!'

She looked over at me. "So do you plan on keeping this class or...are you changing?"

"No, I'm staying. I don't really have any other classes to go to."

She smiled. "Good. I can't change my schedule either and I don't really have anyone in here to talk to."

I tilted my head. "What about Dylan? You guys talk all the time."

She rolled her eyes. "I mean like a girl to talk to. Dylan cuts close in that category but..."

I laughed. "Yeah, I get what you mean."

We spent some time talking until the teacher told us to be quiet. I sat in my chair doodling in my notebook, when a note slid toward me. I stopped drawing and looked to were the note came from. Alayna was looking up at the teacher, but I saw her glance my way. I hid the note under the table and read it.

A: This teacher is boring the crap out of me!

I smiled and wrote a note back.

S: I know, I haven't been paying attention the entire class and he hasn't noticed.

A: What class do you have next?

S: Art.

A: We have next period together! Wanna sit with me?

I was internally screaming at this point. Alayna actually wanted to sit with me?

S: Sure, why not?

I slid the note to her and watched her read it. She smiled and looked at me, then looked back at the teacher. I think I'm about to pass out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stopped by my locker to get my sketchbook when I felt a poke at my side. I yelped and turned around.

"Dylan!" I nearly screamed.

"Passing notes in class?" he said with a smirk on his face.

I blushed and shut my locker. "We were bored, what did you expect?"

"So what did you guys talk about?"

"Nothing! She just asked what class I had next. Turns out, we both have art and she wants to sit with me."

He frowned. "Don't you think it's kinda weird how she's never once tried to talk to you and now she's acting all buddy-buddy with you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm not complaining. If she wants me to hang out with her, then I won't argue."

I walked to the art room and saw tables filled with students chatting. I saw one table that had no one sitting at it except for one person. I smiled and walked over, sitting down across from her. "Hey."

"Hey? That's all I get for saving you a whole table?"

I smiled and did a slight bow. "Yes, thank you dearest Alayna for guarding this table, making sure no evil villains or sorcerers take over it."

She laughed. "You are such a nerd."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Why didn't you sit with your friends?" I asked, indicating towards a table filled with Alayna's friends.

"I told you I wanted to sit with you. I meant it. And...you don't think we're friends? I know we don't talk much...but I wanna be friends."

My heart fluttered. I felt my face heat up and I placed my hand on my cheek, trying to calm down.

"Hey, are you feeling okay? You look like you're burning up."

I looked up and shook my head. "No, I'm fine."

She raised her eyebrow at me, but let the subject drop, and looked back at her phone.

Oh thank god!

Class started and the teacher, Ms. Leftwich, told us that our first assignment was to think of a basic color and write it down. I chose red. I looked at Alayna's paper and saw she chose purple. Ms. Leftwich then went to the board and wrote down different colors and there were different words by the colors.

"Okay class, now look for the color you picked and look at the word beside it. Whatever your word is, you have to draw the first thing that comes to mind."

I looked at the word red and saw the word beside it was love. Alayna....oh shit. I had to draw the first thing that came to mind and of course, she popped up. Who am I kidding, that girl never leaves my mind. Out of curiosity, I looked for the color purple. Beside it was written- the best thing that's ever happened to you.

I heard Alayna groan. "Ugh, that's hard! I can't think of anything."

"What about Adam?" I blurted out.

She looked down. "Adam's not the best thing that's ever happened to me. I mean...he's a good thing but...not the best."

I nodded and looked down at my paper. I honestly hated Adam and it's not just because he's dating Alayna. I just don't trust him. But he makes her happy and as long as she's happy...I'm happy.

"Well, I don't know what I'm going to draw either."

She looked up at the board and saw what my color said. "What about your parents? You love them don't you?"

I looked down. "Not real- I mean yeah, but I don't feel like drawing my parents for an art project," I said with a slight laugh.

She looked at me like she was going to say something, but changed her mind. "What about that show you always watch? Universe something?"

"Steven Universe." I responded immediately.

She smirked at me. "Yeah, that. You love that show so draw it."

I looked back down at my paper. There was no way in hell I was going to draw Alayna as my project. If I did, there was a pretty good chance she'll catch a hint. "Yeah, I guess I'll draw Steven Universe."

We brainstormed different ideas until the bell rang. As I was packing up, I saw she already had her stuff gathered.

"Want to walk with me to my next class?" she asked.

I nodded and quickly finished getting my stuff together. We walked down the hall until we reached the English room. She turned to me.

"I'll see you at lunch?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll save you a table."

She giggled. "Good."

And with that she walked inside. I started walking to my class when I heard the tardy bell ring. I just smiled. 'Worth it.'

In Love With A Straight Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें