Here

(This isnt really romantic, it's more like a familial love. But I feel like after writing two happy shots I owe you guys a feels trip. enjoy xx)

Iris' POV

My heels click-clacked all the way down the tile floor of the dimly lit and crowded hallway. There were too many barriers in my way- a monitor, a cart, a bed. Plenty of doors were opened and the sound of calm beeping protruded from the rooms. But in some the beeping was rushed and fast.
I was in a hospital.
I shouldn't have been there.
As I turned right, I received a text.

From: Joe West
Contact Name: "Dad"
Received 2:47 PM
Are you here yet? Room 617. He's doing okay.

I replied:

On 5th floor, on my way to the elevator. Glad to hear.

Soon enough I reached it. I pressed the 6 button and anxiously waited for the doors to open as it lifted. Once they opened, I nearly knocked over a meds cart and a nurse but I needed to hurry.
I made a few turns and heard my dad's voice. I nearly sprinted into the room and found just what I knew I would:
Barry lying unconscious in a hospital bed, strapped to at least 5 different machines.
My hands flew to my mouth and I dropped my phone and bag. I sat in the chair next to his bed.
"Iris. The doctor's said he'll be just fine. He's just unconscious because his body needs time to heal."
I felt a pulse of anger flash through me.
"Why is he even here, dad? Why does he have to be in a coma? Why was he hurt? No one ever tells me things. I don't even know where these Cisco and Caitlyn people came from!"
He raised his hands in mock defeat. "Barry's here because... We were investigating a crime scene and some criminal came up to us and tried to attack while Barry tried to help subdue him to get him in handcuffs. He got beat pretty bad." His hand went to the back of his neck.
He was beat. He had red scratches along his neck. A black eye. Split lip. What looked to be like some stab wounds or harsh blows to his stomach because he was bleeding through the bandages on his chest. They even took off his shirt because he would just get it soaked in blood.
There was a tube coming from his mouth attached to the monitor. One from his nose, 2 from his veins, and one that had a bunch of little wires that were attached to his chest in the areas that weren't injured. Luckily all of the pulses coming from the machines were stable.
Dad got a phone call. "Oh, I, uh... I'll be outside." Then he picked up and rushed out of the room.
I grabbed Barry's limp hand and rubbed my thumb along the side of his wrist. "Barry, can you hear me? Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." No movement. "I expected that. They say that people in comas can hear everything when someone is talking to them. But I don't know if you can." The beeping seemed louder then.
"Barry, you know I love you, right? I know you know that." I wiped a tear from my eye. "And if you love me you would tell me what's going on. I know you didn't try to 'subdue a criminal'. You're not the type for handling strong people." I chuckled and took a breath. "Did Cisco and Caitlyn come in today? I bet they did. Were you awake when they said that you were going to be okay? When you were slipping in and out of consciousness on that bed rolling down the hall?" I heard myself raise my voice and I stopped. "I love you Bear. Don't go anywhere, okay? I'm gonna go get some coffee." I set my bag and phone on the chair next to him.
It took fifteen minutes to find a vending machine that dispensed a good bottle of coffee. It was good but not Jitters good.
I entered the 6th floor and when I came close to Barry's room I saw Dad with his head in his hands and I heard fast beeping. I ran as fast as I could in my heels and looked in the room.
Two nurses were wheeling his bed out of the room. His heart rate was dropping and he was almost seizing. "Where are you taking him? Where is he going!?" I grabbed onto the railing of the bed. "Ma'am, please calm down. We're taking him to surgery. His lung collapsed. He will probably be okay." I let go of the railing and stopped in the middle of the hall as I saw his hand fall off his lap. I ran into his room and shut the door after Dad ran in after me.
"He's gonna die! He'll be gone. He's not coming back. I'll never see him alive again. They said probably. 'He will probably be okay'. That means there's a chance he'll never come back, Dad." I fell into a chair and started sobbing.
"Probably means he has a greater chance than if they say might or won't. Remember that, Iris."
After 3 and a half hours of silence and anxiety, a nurse invited us to the recovery room. He was alive.
Dad ended up taking a call from the deputy saying that he had to come back for work, so I was the only one in his room.
"Do I have to give you that speech again, Bear? I don't think I do so let me say a few other things." I rubbed my thumb on his pale wrist again. "I'm so glad you're here but please don't scare me like that. I think my lung was about to collapse after all that anxiety and hyperventilating. And I still don't know if you can hear me. So... Squeeze my hand if you can hear me."
His wrist twitched.
His eyes were open.
He was here.
"I can hear you loud and clear. Every word."