q u a t t u o r

C A S T L E S

       "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird, that  cannot fly."
~ Langston Hughes.

+++++

People struggle. But we selfish people fail to see it. They are forced to see things we can't even imagine. Things that are harsher than curse words. Harsher that venomous words from your dear friends. Harsher than a mother's slap on her child's cheek.

I always thought that being a poor boy was the worst thing ever. On top of that, no matter how badly I don't want to say it, being a mistake was something I couldn't stop telling myself. But when I met this person sitting next to me, I can't help but feel like a stupid chicken.

This child , sitting next to me, was my age. My age. 16. And this boy was kicked out of his house three years ago. But he stayed. Here. Sitting on this pathways during whistling winter nights. During steaming summers. Waiting for someone. Hope.

Hope. Such a strong word. And we use it everywhere.

I bet all of you school going readers hope that you'll do well in your tests. Hope that your crushes like you back. Hope that you get free classes in school. Hope that you will have the best bodies in the world. Hope that this hotel has a good toilet.

We are so stupid. All we do is use it everywhere.

Life depends on it. Hope can spark happiness in something that has lost something. When a person is dying, the only thing that keeps the family members alive is hope. It can stop their hearts from skipping one too many beats. It can save them. It can turn not only pages, but chapters in your life. It can change the plot in your story. It has to power to ignite wet rotten leaves with a bright flame.

Arthur, the boy near me, has held hope for three years. Waiting for his mother's return. For someone to take him. To help him change his life.

Now you may think, hope isn't really helping him. He hasn't gone home in so long. What your point?

What you fail to see is it keeps him alive.

For him, even the slightest smile given by another random stranger can make his day. Even the smallest squirrel doing some stupid stunt on trees can make him laugh. Even the kiss planted on another kids cheek by that kids mother makes him feel fuzzy and warm on the inside. Even the small tears falling down a girls cheek probably because of a quarrel between her and her significant other makes him feel that maybe, maybe he is not alone. That maybe it's not only him that cries on lonely. Maybe he is happier that someone else.

In a way, he's a lot like me.

He probably may never see his mom again. He may never be able to see his little brother run around and be a pain in the butt. He may never get to eat homemade food that his mom lovingly makes with her ageing hands.

But you can always hope right?

What I learnt from this really cool guy who can do weird things with his toes, is that in life, I must always look ahead. You never know what to expect. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Just walking in the direction of the wind. Looking for happiness. Waiting for something to welcome me. Take me places. Help me see the important things in life. To see the little things in life.

And hope. For happiness.

We people are aware not knowing about the people around us. What kind of awareness is that?

Without knowing what every story everyone around us is carrying, how can one feel complete? We just know what's happening lands so far away from us that a swimmer would probably have to live two lives in order to reach these foreign shores.

Look at the small picture first.

So friends, let's go to the people around us and ask them about their story. And trust me, you won't be dissapointed. Because you will surely find some meaning in them. And I think, that's why, every conversation, every word, every second, every minute spent with a person is planned. We are destined to meet. It's because we learn something. And of course, if they are nice enough, we may even get a few snacks and tea. How lovely...

So lets be grateful. Let's give thanks for everything we have. Give thanks to all our friends who teach us something. Who inspire us. Who let us copy during tests. Who let us borrow their underwear during desperate times. (Thanks Steve). Let's give thanks to every bully who has left you'll with a black eye. Give thanks to the little things in life. Let's give thanks for our mothers who have been there all the time. Yelled at us, cried about it, and then hugging us and saying sorry. Let's not forget the slight push they give on our shoulders to still show how angry they are with us.

Gee mom. So scared right now.

And let's hope. Lets hope that these people, around us, who are having a slightly rough time make their castles in air a reality. Let's hope for Arthur, a victim of sexual abuse by his own family. Let's get inspired by him. To be forgiving. To hope. And to go one day at a time. Let's make these wonderful inspiring people a little happy and smile a little shall we?

Trying to learn a few toe tricks from this genius sitting next to me,

                                                 Wesley.

                          ************

               Time: 4:30 pm (I think.)

         Hey guys! And Happy Monday! Or whatever day it is.. This book will take time to get recognised...

          I'm sorry for the late updates. It was test week and I had absolutely not time. Anyway.. Why am I boring you with this..

           I don't know if you felt uncomfortable with what Arthur was going through, and I'm sorry if it disturbs you. But let's face it guys, sexual abuse is something people go through. And it 10x more painful than it sounds...

            In school today, we has a few people who came to visit us, an growing organisation, who related music with breaking free... And  we did come in touch with a person who went through sexual abuse in his childhood. But this man was smiling, his skin glowing. He was happy. And that inspired me. It's true when people say that you are in a better situation than others.

               But my dear friends, if any of you are dealing with any form of sexual abuse, please seek help. It is a very serious topic that cannot be hidden or tolerated. NOT AT ALL. So I hope, that this isn't something you guys are experiencing. However, if you guys are going through this, please tell someone. Trust me, telling someone helps. It always does...

              That's all for now.

                             ~ Khushi