The struggles of being me

"The project is due next Friday," Mr. Lloyd's voice boomed, "giving you all exactly a week to complete it! I would suggest meeting up with your groups over the weekend. Class dismissed!"

"Hey do you wanna come over to my house?" Gemma said in a sweet voice.
Do I wanna go to her house? Maybe we can be friends. No that'll never happen, she seems like she's a popular.
"Yea" I simply reply and give her my number.

---------------at Gemma's house----------------------------------

After struggling up 6 stairs to get to her front door, I was finally at Gemma's house...or mansion. From my mom's hushed breaths and dreamy descriptions her house seemed like a royal palace. I wouldn't know for sure though...
I waited patiently as she rang the bell.

"Hello there" a high pitched greeting sounded from the general direction of the doorway.

It must be her mom

"Harry and Gemma are upstairs!" She chirped.

Why is Harry already here? I thought I was early??! They aren't..dating right!? No way, she just got here. And they don't even know each other....right?

"Oh honey, here let me just help you find Gemma's room- that's where they both are"

She grabbed my arm and guided me up a flight of stairs and to what I presume is Gemma's room.

"Thanks" I absentmindedly said.

But why are Harry and Gemma alone...in her room?!