wolves, chimeras, dread doctors oh my

Chimeras. Originated from Greek mythology, a creature built of the head of a lion, the tail of a serpent with a goat stemming from the middle. That's what Scott believed we were dealing with. An army of chimeras courtesy of the dread doctors, which inevitably would end up being a big problem.

          We didn't originally have a clue as to how many of them there were, until a deputy found a lead. That's the reason that Stiles, Malia and I were standing in the sheriff's office, Malia and I were next to Stiles as Stilinski spoke, "Chimeras." Stiles nodded.

           "Two dead Chimeras." Malia added and I sighed, "And eight new ones." I concluded. Stilinski glanced at me before huffing. "So, that's 10 in all." Stiles said and I nodded. "I'm thinking maybe 11." Stilinski said, pinning a picture of Donovan to the wall. I bit my lip, shifting on my feet and glancing at Stiles. I crossed my arms and turned to him, raising my eyebrow.

            "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me... They said, both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that, uh, these guys..." He started,holding up the book, "Dread Doctors." Malia said and he scrunched up his face. "Are we really calling them that?" He asked and I shrugged, nodding.

             "It's the best we got, so." He nodded slightly before Malia turned to him."So they broke Donovan out?" She questioned and Stilinski nodded, "It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" I huffed and nodded. It felt weird talking about him as if he was still alive, but honestly, what could I say?

            Like just blatantly say he was dead because of Stiles? That it wasn't his fault that he died but he thought it was okay to blame himself for it? Yeah, that wouldn't really sit well with his father. the sheriff. Nobody knew how anybody would take something like that so we kept quiet.  "Donovan's a Chimera." Malia said and walked past Stilinski. "Yeah." Stilinski breathed out as he turned. 

          "But... Is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" He questioned out loud and I patted Stiles arm slightly before walking up next to Malia. "If he is, he's probably dead." I said, causing Malia to grab a red marker and reach forward. "Not until I've seen a body." Stilinski said and I sighed, nodding. 

           Huh, if only he knew. "You're uncharacteristically quiet."Stilinski said, turning to Stiles and I spun around quickly. "Yeah... Sorry, I'm, uh... I'm just trying to think about it. Uh... These are all teenagers, right? So, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that... Burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail.." Stiles trailed off.

              "They couldn't have been chosen at random." Stilinski added and Malia nodded, "They had to have something in common." She continued and I bit my lip, "Something that made them right for this experiment. Something that made them special." I finished and Stilinski sighed, glancing over us. 

            -----

            The Dread Doctors by T.R McCammon. While it was going to help us, there was no way that it's what I wanted to be doing. Scott, Malia, Kira, Lydia, Theo, Stiles and I stood around our coffee table. Five copies of the book printed out on paper and the book sitting next to them. 

           As much as I loved to read there was something that I was scared of. It was almost like the book was sitting there taunting. It had brought out a bad memory from Malia, so who the hell knows what it could bring out of the rest of us. It could spring open a whole hatch of memories that, I didn't even know I had.

          "My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said and I shook my head slightly. "Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles retorted and I bit my lip, "That's why Malia's here." I said and lifted my head to her. She smiled faintly as Kira spoke up, "So none of us go running into traffic?" She asked and Scott nodded slightly, "Or worse."