Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

Just as I finished setting up the trampoline so it was in front of the projector, Daniel’s car pulled up the driveway. Running up to the car, just as Daniel’s foot stepped on the ground, I tackled him into a tight hug, causing him to stumble back a little.

                “Whoa, I’m guessing someone missed me,” Daniel said. I only nodded my head in response. “I missed you too, Skylar.”

                Giving him a quick peck on the lips, I tugged him toward the amazing set up that I put together. Right next to the trampoline was a table that was topped with two bags of chips, candy, a pizza box, popcorn, and an ice chest that was filled with ice cream and soda.

                “Wow, you really went all out, huh?” Daniel commented, an impressed look on his face.

                “Of course!” I replied. “You said these movies are the best you’ve ever seen, so might as well make the experience that much more amazing.”

                Shaking his head, he headed over to the projector and inserted the first movie of the Star Wars series. Earlier today, Daniel texted me asking if I’d like to see them in the order they came out, or the actual order that they’re in. Deciding that it’d be best that I watch them in the order they’re in, we are beginning this marathon with Star Wars: Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

                The ever famous Star Wars theme song blasted through the speakers, causing me to jump a little. Grabbing hold of the remote, I turned down the volume to a reasonable sound, while Daniel pushed play with the subtitles on. I was never one for subtitles while watching a movie; I end up watching the subtitles more than I watch the actual movie.

                Grabbing a piece of pizza off the table, I began to eat as the word Star Wars appeared on the screen, followed by moving words. Deciding that it’d be important to read the words, since when movies put words at the beginning of the movie, they might be of importance.

                “Episode 1, the Phantom Menace,” Daniel began in a voice like an announcer. “Turmoil has engulfed the galactic republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute,” he read. I look to him, and see that his face showed absolute seriousness, causing me to laugh.

                Ignoring my laugh, he continues on. “Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo. While the Congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict.”

                Shaking my head I just laughed in amusement at the fact that he read the whole introductory scene to me. “I’m going to read each one to you,” is all Daniel says, before settling back into his sleeping bag, coke and pizza on his lap, watching the movie. Thus beginning the intense watching of the movie!

                “Please tell me that Qui-Gon Jinn and Jedadiah don’t die,” I plead with Daniel as I watch them fight with Darth Maul.

                “Who’s Jedadiah?” Daniel asked me not turning his eyes away from the TV.

                “The other Jedi guy, the one fighting with Qui-Gon,” I respond. That comment causes Daniel to turn away from the TV and look at me as though I’ve gone crazy.

                “That’s not Jedadiah, his names Obi-Wan Kenobi,” he said.

                “Well, I can’t ever remember his name, so since he looks like a Jedadiah to me, I call him that,” I respond with a shrug. I watched as Daniel shakes his head. “My young Padawan you have much to learn,” he mutters.  Laughing at his comment, I turn my attention back to the screen, just as Darth Maul strikes Qui-Gon with the lightsaber. I jump at the look on Qui-Gon’s face as he falls to the ground, the look on Jedadiah’s face shows nothing but rage and hurt.