Chapter 22

Song: You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney on the side>>>>>>

This chapter is dedicated to RebekaKim!!! She is a very talented writer, her poetry is beautiful! Go to her profile and check them out, they’re amazing!!

Enjoy!

Chapter 22:

                Two weeks have gone by since Daniel’s family came over, since then we’ve all been getting along swimmingly. His parents invited us over for dinner one night during the week, in which I got to see how Daniel acted in his natural environment, by that I mean, I got see how much his sister teases him. You can tell that she loves to make fun of him, and you’d think with how much teasing she does, he’d get annoyed with it, but he’s a good sport, and knows just the right comebacks and knows when to just laugh along with her.

                Alex is so much fun. She’s been over to my house a few times, and we’ve gone out shopping over in the next town, since this town has just antique shops and knick knack stores; really quite boring. She is like the sister I never had and just really easy to get along with. I love hearing stories about Daniel when he was little, ones that I know for a fact that he’d never share with me. For example, when Daniel was little, during the summer time, he would run around the yard stark naked, no shoes, no underwear, no nothing! The only time that he’d wear anything, is when his mom made him put on underwear for dinner, but when dinner was over, those underwear were off in a flash, and that wasn’t the only thing he was flashing. I was laughing so hard when Alex told me this, I could totally see a mini Daniel doing that, although now, I’m glad he outgrew that, I’m not into the whole walking around “freely.”

                Daniel and I have gotten closer, we’ve shared some things that are much deeper and personal, and because of it we’re growing closer to each other. Although I haven’t told him about how he was my first kiss, first boyfriend, and first date, for fear that he might think of me as some kind of freak, I have told him about my fears and some of my childhood memories.

                The one place that Daniel and I always seem to go to, that has become “our spot” is over by the creek, where the tree is that I always used to hang out when I wanted to be alone. Whenever Daniel gets off work, we’d hitch the horses, and ride on over there, setting up a blanket, candle and little picnic basket, and just stare out over into the next farm across the creek. Although I tell him every time I get there that I have to be back home at eleven, which is stretching it for my parents, I end up staying into the wee hours of the morning; having to sneak in my room, while he goes to work, with the same clothes that he was wearing the day before. I’m actually surprised that my dad hasn’t said anything since he sees Daniel almost every day, and the fact that I’m not exactly quite when I enter the house.

                With it being August, my friends and I are beginning to pack for college, buying the supplies, decorations, and a little bit of furniture that we’ll use to make our dorms bearable. There have been a few nights at the dinner table, where my mom begins to get tears in her eyes as she begins to think about her daughter leaving and going off into the big world. My dad on the other hand, is the rasher one, which is funny because you’d think it’d be my mom but nope, he’s the one that’s been bugging me about Daniel, and if we’re going to risk the long distance relationship or just let it be summer love.

                To tell you the truth, I don’t know. We haven’t said I love you yet, which I’m glad since I know for sure I’d say it back, and well, when the day comes that I do tell him about California, well, it’s going to be hard. But it also sucks because; I do want to say those three words to him, because I do feel it in my heart. I know I’m young and all, and I know I’ve never experienced boyfriend girlfriend relationships, but there’s just something in me that’s letting me know that I love him. However, since I’m so chicken, I’m waiting for him to say it first, because what if he thinks of me as a summer fling, and nothing more? I mean talk about awkward and disappointment!