Asuna Yuuki (male x reader)

Start from the beginning

"The hell? Asuna nearly got chopped to bits. Where the hell were you while I was doing your job for you?" You asked in anger at her so-called protector.

"Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that?" He asked in anger.

"A far better defender than you." You replied. Everyone was shocked at your boldness.

"Why you little punk." he said, holding onto his sword. Godfree came and defused the situation.

"Kuradeel, calm down. The young blood is just angered that someone else nearly died." He told him while you glared at him.

"Whatever." you said and walked off, but you stopped next to Asuna.

"If you want a real Knight, I suggest you recommend me as your bodyguard." You whispered into her ear, making her blush.

"I-I'll consider it, but I'm not too sure about you." She said and you only tilted your head.

"It's what you want, but it's my recommendation. Besides, a lady like you deserves to be protected by a true knight." You said, making her blush again. You and all the troops returned to the base. You kept an eye on Asuna and made sure nothing was there to hurt her. You wanted to be her defender instead of Kuradeel. You always got a bad vibe from him, so you decided to keep a close eye on him. Asuna requested that you give more strategies for the upcoming boss battle. You did so, and Asuna was really impressed with you so far. You soon finished your session and was called to Heathcliff. he also called Asuna and some other knights.

"May I help you sir?" You asked.

"Yes. I heave heard of your daring attempt to save our second in command, Asuna. You saved many knights and Asuna, so I would like to announce something." He said, catching everyone's attention.

"[Player Name], you are the new bodyguard of our second in command." He announced. People cheered for you while some were just impressed, but Kuradeel was not happy about it.

"Sir, he is just a young blood. I can't accept this change." He respectfully said to Heathcliff.

"So what do you suggest?" He asked.

"I suggest [Player Name] and I duel to see who wins the right to be Asuna's bodyguard." he said.

"Fine, this will commence outside." he said. You braced yourself, ready to prove yourself. This was your chance to prove that you should protect Asuna. You were in the dual arena, bastard sword in hand. Kuradeel looked at as if he wanted to kill you. The dual begun and you were blocking all his attacks. You evaded a slice and soon went on the offensive. You were surprisingly quick in your movements. He was having a hard time with you. He grew angry and swung his blade at you, nearly slicing off your hand. You started rushing him with attacks and you sliced his sword in half, shocking everyone.

"I'm Asuna's knight, not you." You told him and walked by Asuna's side.

"I'm your Knight now." You told her and she blushed.

*next day*

You and Asuna were walking to the boss while being accompanied by all the knights, and other floor clearing groups.

"So Asuna, just curious. Do you have a boyfriend?" You asked her, making her blush furiously.

"Well no. I liked someone though, but he's taken by a girl named Sachi." She said, making you feel bad.

"Oh, I'm sorry." You said.

"It's fine." She said.

"Try and keep it safe once we enter." you said in concern.