Violin (Sherlock/Reader)

M/N= middle name

3:17 in the morning was blaring on your clock, when you woke with a start.

"Friggin hell."

You had work tomorrow, but the thing was that it started at 7:00.

You put your head back down and groaned, knowing it would take a while to go back to sleep. When you calmed down you heard creaking and the faint playing of a violin. You sat up as slow as ever, rubbing your eyes.
Your feet touched the cold wooden floor. You took your time getting to the door. You quietly left your room and the playing became louder. You watched from the corner of the hall. He was playing a beautiful, melancholy theme. He was in his usual spot, watching out the window. Rain was falling softly and tapping the ground and windows.
You watched his calm face as his hand moved the bow up and down, in long, then fast movements.

You turned back round the corner, breathing heavy, looking at the wall opposite you. What was he doing this early in the morning? Did he know you'd been watching? That question had been answered quickly.

"Y/N I know you're there. Why do you linger in the shadows?"

"Why are you playing at 3 in the morning?" You asked as you walked up him.

"It's calming."

"For you, maybe, but for me-"

"You like it."

"Fine I do, but-"

"I wrote it for you."

"You- You what?"

"I did. I... I wanted to do something for you because you help me with work, and you tell me when I'm being a complete arsehole when I don't know it."

You laughed at this.

"Oh Sherlock." You tenderly kissed his cheek, holding his face gently with your hand.

"Thank you. I appreciate it."

You left and walked back.

"Hey you! Where do you think you're going?!"

"Huh?!"

Sherlock dropped his violin on the couch running up to you and twirling you around. You giggled, enjoying his company. He set you down.

"I was just going to get some more sleep!"

"Call in sick tomorrow."

"You know I can't."

"What if you did?"

"Sherlock"

"Y/N M/N"

You looked at him with affection, furrowing your brows and smiling. He never called you that.

"What?"

"Why don't you want to stay with me?"

"I have to work, Sherlock."

"Hmmm, technically not. They can survive without you."

"No."

"Yes!"

"Sherlock you take one more step and-"

He held your hips and pulled you as close as possible to him. He kissed you.

"Does that do it for you?"

You held his face and kissed him again.

"Yes it does."

"You're damn hard to crack, aren't you."

"Hey!" You said gently slapping his chest.
"I have a strong personality and I care about my job."

"But you care about me more."

"Fine. I do."

He blushed at this and took your hand leading you back to your bedroom.

"Lay down." He said.

"So you are letting me sleep?"

"Well, I guess so. But I'm getting in with you."

You gingerly laid down and watched him climb in beside you.

He crawled closer to you and embraced you.

"Sherlock?" You mumbled into his chest.

"Yes?"

"Can I hear that melody again tomorrow?"

"Of course. I thought I could play it for you for when you can't sleep. It's like a lullaby for you."

"Well it woke me up."

"I wanted it to. I wouldn't normally do th-"

You looked up at him with a weird face.

"What?" He said eagerly waiting for your answer.

"When did you become so sweet?"

"Since you came along?"

"Oh."

"So are you calling in sick?"

"Huh?" You asked, being tranced out of your thoughts.

"Oh, yeah of course I am. Can't miss this." You said waving your hands around him. He giggled and pulled you up more.

"Night doll." He played with your hair and forced himself to stay up and watch you fall asleep before he let himself do the same.