Chapter 14

Who am I- Chapter 14

The house was still, I woke up to my alarm clock at eight, pulled of my sheets and tip toed to the bathroom. I flicked on the lights and heard the fan begin to turn. I took out the elastic from my hair, stripped and took my shower. When the lukewarm water hit my back, I thought of Sam. The way his warm hand was pressed against my back when he kissed me, there wasn’t any room between us.

When he drove me home I was pressed up against his side, his arm was around me while his other hand was firmly on the steering wheel. My fingers followed the beat to the songs being played, I had my fingers drumming on his thigh.

“Will you come to my next game?” He whispers in my hair. My body tingles, his voice was so calming but made my heart beat faster.

“I will, I promise.” I told him as he pulled in my driveway. Even though it was past eleven, almost midnight which meant the day was almost over, I didn’t want it to end. I want more of Sam, so much more. He shut’s the car off, which makes me stop drumming my fingers. I push away from him but only to unbuckle the seat belt. “Thanks for tonight, it was really nice-” I looked up and he kissed me, right there. It was a surprise I didn’t see coming, I let go of the seat belt and kissed him back, then the sudden burst of his mint breath I could taste. He ran his fingers through my hair, I placed my hands on either side of his cheeks.

I shut off the water flow, give myself a moment before I open the shower door. I run my fingers across my smile, I remember the way Sam’s lips crushed mine. I push on the shower door; and am surrounded by fog. My eyes adjust to the new surrounding as I grab my towel; I wrap it around my body and twist it at the top. I went to the rack and grabbed another towel for my hair, I leaned forwards as I twirled the towel around my head like a turban. I unravelled the towel around my core and dried myself off. Satisfied, I left the bathroom and went back to my room, I pulled out what I wanted to wear and slipped them on. I took my damp hair and wrapped it in a tight bun. Yesterday, when Kate and I were getting ready, I stole some of Erica’s make-up and forgot to return it, so I placed some eyeliner and mascara on before I left.

I went downstairs and grabbed an apple and ate it before I went to work. I grabbed moms set of keys, left a note in the bowl of keys saying I took it for work. And by nine I was out of the house. By nine fifteen I was swiping my employee card.

“How was last night?” I asked Kate as we walked to our cash stations. Her smile was enough for me, but not to her.

“It was amazing.” Kate sung joyfully. I giggled as I leaned on my cash. Kate was in her own world, not that I blame her some words can effect you deeply and something words cant even describe it.

“Well, are you going to share?” I asked, she smiled again as she brushed her arms off.

“After you guys left we left too. And we went-” Kate was cut off our boss is walking to our cash.

“Oh my god, LOL, love your top.” He stopped at us and did is daily interpretation of us, in his high squeaky voice, then went back to his normal tone. “Seriously ladies, I’m not paying you for girl talk, that’s why you have lunch. Get to work.” He gives us the I’ll-be-watching-you look as he backs away, then with his clip on tie and squeaky black sneakers he walks down the white, scratched, dirty floors. Kate and I burst into laughter, after we calmed down I went around to the computer and punched in my password, flicked on the light that illuminated my number. Not even a minute after waiting an elderly man pushes his cart and begins to unload it.

“Good morning, and how are you?” I ask as the belt begins to spin, I take his items and begin to scan them.

***