four

"Hyung!"

Wonwoo looked up from his phone and pulled his headphones from his ears to look up at the taller boy who was now standing in front of him.

"Hello," smiled Wonwoo, "you wanted to meet up, right?"

Mingyu nodded. "Yeah. I figured we have to find out things we have in common to do that project thing, so it was easier to meet up to do it."

"That makes sense, I guess. So what kind of stuff do you like, then?" Wonwoo asked, shrugging a little.

"Let's go inside and sit down first," Mingyu suggested, gesturing towards the café the two were currently in front of, "I'm hungry."

The café was warm and cosy, with soft beige coloured seats and dark wooden tables. It was warm, and the air smelt like coffee, and the two boys took a seat in the corner of the café. A waiter came over to their table to take their order and Wonwoo ordered a coffee whilst Mingyu chose a hot chocolate. Mingyu took out a notebook from his pocket and put it on the table, bringing out a pen and looking at Wonwoo expectantly.

"Go on, then," he encouraged.

"Go on and do what?" Wonwoo asked, a little confused.

Mingyu chuckled. "Tell me the kind of things you like so we can work out a topic."

"You're pretty organised, huh?" said Wonwoo.

"Not really," the younger admitted, "I just want to find out more about you."

Wonwoo raised his eyebrows and smiled, making Mingyu wave his hands around and shake his head, apparently flustered by Wonwoo's actions.

"For the project," he explained, "that sounded a bit weird."

"It's fine," laughed Wonwoo and the two ended up laughing at Mingyu's reaction together.

Their drinks arrived and Wonwoo was amused by the way Mingyu's cup looked a little small in comparison to how insanely tall Mingyu himself was. Wonwoo picked up the cup of hot chocolate in his hands half-covered by the sleeves of his grey sweatshirt and felt the warmth it gave off, taking a small sip.

"So what do you like, then," Mingyu asked, tilting his head to the side which made him resemble a confused puppy.

"I don't really know," shrugged Wonwoo, before smiling widely and looking at the taller boy opposite him. "I like space."

"Space, huh? I have a friend who likes space," said Mingyu, writing Wonwoo's name on a page of the notebook and putting the word 'space' underneath.

"Really?" asked Wonwoo, "what's their favourite constellation or planet or star-"

"I have absolutely no clue," laughed Mingyu, "I met them like three days ago and I probably wouldn't remember all those long constellation names anyway."

Wonwoo shook his head, a little embarrassed. "Sorry for getting a little carried away."

Mingyu smiled, revealing white teeth. "Don't be sorry for being excited. It's cute."

Finding himself blushing a little, Wonwoo took another sip from his drink in an attempt to hide the growing redness dusting over his cheeks.

"So what do you like, then?" asked Wonwoo, peering over his mug of coffee to look at Mingyu, "to find being passionate about something that cool, you must feel the same about something."

Mingyu laughed, shaking his head. "It sounds a little weird."

"It won't be that much weirder than being obsessed with stars and alien conspiracy theories, I'm sure," smiled Wonwoo.

"I like plants," said Mingyu.

"That's pretty cool."

"It is weird, right," Mingyu laughed, shaking his head and wrapping his fingers around his mug of hot chocolate, "but they're kinda cute."

"I have a friend who likes plants," said Wonwoo, pressing his lips to the warm ceramic of his mug, "that's a weird coincidence."

"Guess we're both friends with losers, then."

"Pretty much."

"Maybe the interest we have in common is weird friends," Mingyu joked, grinning and looking at Wonwoo.

"You'll have to teach me about plants some time," offered Wonwoo.

"Same for you about space. My friend already thinks I'm a complete trainwreck and it'd be pretty cool if I looked intelligent for once."

"That sounds good," said Wonwoo, finishing up his coffee at the same time as Mingyu finished his own drink and standing up.

Mingyu grinned again, shooting Wonwoo a cheesy wink as the two left the café to head in different directions to their houses again.

"It's a date!"