Fifteen

Grace

As it neared five, I crept my way back to the busy city. My fingertips were a slight purple from the harsh weather, but I slowly began to forget about it during the day.

Admiring the beauty and nature outside of the hectic destination in which I lived in was truly calming.

I glanced in the subway mirror and my cheeks were a ruby red, looking as if I over did it on the blush. Pulling my hat further down my ears, warmth flooded my body and I tightly gripped the rail to stop myself from falling.

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

Realizing someone was trying to get my attention, I turned around, "Oh, yeah?"

"Are you Grace Smith?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why?"

The teenage boy in front of me looked back at his group of friends, "You're G-Eazy's girlfriend!"

I could feel my face fall at the word girlfriend. They must be fans of Gerald's, so I didn't want to disappoint.

"Could we get a picture with you?"

Nodding, a group of boys came up to me and crowded around my side. The same boy who approached me put his arm around me, looking more nervous than ever.

Once the picture was taken, I was amused by how excited they were to meet someone so ordinary like me, "Have a good day."

"You too," he spun on his heel, "but one more thing."

"Yeah?"

He held out a small piece of paper out, folded into two. Expanding it, I rolled my eyes and stifled a laugh when I saw a phone number nearly written.

"Already moving on?" I heard from behind me.

Jumping, I put my hand over my heart, "Jesus Christ, Marty."

Marty smirked, leaning on the rail, "My bad."

The subway pulled to a stop and we jumped off. exposing our bodies back into the outside. We walked in silence, taking in the moments that weren't filled with words.

"Heading to Central Park?"

I nodded, "How did you know?"

He took out a blindfold and placed it over my eyes, "This seems sketchy but just follow my lead."

I felt more annoyed from each step, "Oh my god, whatever you have planned is ridiculous. Let me go!"

I extended my arms to break our connection, The blindfold fell gracefully to the ground, and my eyes widened.

In front of me sat a gigantic stage, and Gerald filled on a tiny portion of it. He met my eyes and smiles nervously, a sight which I've never seen before. Turning to Marty frantically, I gasped, "What the-"

"Excuse me, everybody?" G tapped on the microphone. Random people around us stopped in curiosity, watching him in awe when they recognized him.

"I want everybody to focus here," He pointed to a group of people, "Even you guys, take a seat."

More and more people filed closer to us, taking out their phones and getting everything on camera. My heart raced by what was going on, I soon found myself holding onto Marty's wrist to ease the confusion and curiosity.

"You see that girl over there?" Many sets of eyes were now on me, "I broke her into so many pieces. And I know some of you have been there, and when I hear stories of heartbreaks I usually laugh. Why be so hung up over someone? But now I understand that pain."

Tears in the corners of my eyes, and I breathed heavily to try to shake them away. But all of a sudden, I heard his song Marilyn start to play loudly for the crowd.

My sinking heart provoked me to bury my head in Marty's chest. I shuddered as I started to think about how much I really wanted Gerald to be in my life.

I looked up to see fans and people recording this moment, and when I looked at Gerald, he too, was crying.

"Uh, so if tonight turns out to be the last night before you peaced then walked out on me, let's let it all hang out like a balcony one last time," He nodded his head towards his direction as cue for Marty to lead me to the stage. We weaved around people, and I tried my best to act as if they weren't watching my every move.

"The best is what you about to see so make it worth it tonight, only so you know I never hurt you in spite," Gerald grabbed my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine. His touch made me feel safe again, something I didn't know I could miss so much.

"Love me like you never will again, it's our last time, tonight forget about the pastime," He paused;

"Everything will be alright, so baby get some sleep tonight," His voice cracked, and he wiped tears that streamed down his face. His eyes were puffy, clearly red from lack of sleep.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything. But I couldn't find the right words.

People cheered violently, screaming at me to forgive him. I kept questioning myself; how could you not forgive him? But the pain was something that left a scar on me, it exhausted me.

"I've never felt this way, so wrapped up in someone. Write about it. Share it to the world. Love will be your next best seller."

I smiled at him, thinking about what the couple of weeks have been for. He grinned a toothy grin, inhaling sharply from his deep emotions.

"You're such a heartthrob."

I leaned into him, kissing him gently. It took him off guard, but once he was focused, he melted into the kiss as if I'd been gone for months. The cheering and "aw's" were blocked out because all I noticed was how right it felt to be in his arms again.

We broke apart, but I remained in his arms, it was so hard to pull away, "I've missed you," He whispered.

"I've missed you as well."

In the crowd, Alexa was in the distance. She was holding a sign that read "That's my best friend!"

But on the other hand, Robert stood with a resting face, his arms crossed.

A/N: hey y'all I swear I'm alive I'm just so busy with double rehearsals and school and home. but I think I'm gonna make a new g-eazy story so check that out once I publish it if ya want ;)