Twenty

Grace

"If you love me, why did you cheat on me?" The words just seemed to slip off my tongue before I could stop them.

He sat up, leaving on his elbow, "I thought we were over this."

"Are we?" I sighed, "I try so hard to forgive you, and I feel as if I'm almost there. It's just that I was always Alexa's weird roommate, and everyone wanted her, even you."

"Grace-"

"And how can I trust you on tour? You almost slept with someone in my own apartment, it's going to be easy to sleep with someone on a different country."

He nodded, taking in everything I was saying, "But just days ago you told me it's in the past and we're moving on."

"I know, I was trying to understand and forget. But forgetting has been so hard to me."

"What're you trying to say, Grace?"

I sat silently for a moment, thinking about what I wanted. This man was the first man I've ever had feelings this strong for. I didn't want to end things, but I didn't want to be with a man who juggled around multiple girls.

"I'm not sure, G."

He grabbed my hand and looked deep into my eyes, "Please don't leave me."

"I don't want to leave you. I know the feelings I have for you, but Gerald, you broke my heart."

"Grace," His voice cracked, "Don't do this."

"Do you blame me?"

He looked taken back, "What?"

"Do you blame me for feeling this way? What would you do if you were me?"

Releasing my hand, he sighed, "I don't blame you. I want to tell you that I would stay, but I would be lying to you. I'll do anything to gain your trust back, give me a second chance."

"Gerald-"

"No, Grace. You'll break my heart, just like I did yours. Would you want to do that to me?"

"You're seriously comparing what you did to me to leaving you? This all happened because of you!"

"That's not what I was trying to say-"

"That's exactly what you were trying to say. You know what, I can't keep up with your fame," I stood up and crossed over to the door, "We're done."

"No, please, don't go," He snatched my hand quickly to prevent me from exiting.

I looked at him one last time, with my hand on the door handle, "The first man I ever loved shattered my heart, what would you do?"

A/N
THIS IS SO SHORT AND KINDA MESSY BUT HERE IT IS I WILL BE UPDATING MORE